Chapter- 3 wedding..

Start from the beginning

There was no one to welcome her other than maids and security guards, but she didn't feel sad because she expected this. Yashodha showed her the room, and it is Karthikeya's room. She went in and found her luggage at the corner.

He is nowhere to see. She went to the washroom and took a quick shower and changed into comfortable clothes.

She waited for him till midnight, but he didn't show up. Giving up the idea of waiting for him, she decided to sleep.

She looked at the king size bed but dared not to sleep on it as it is his and she doesn't know how he would react if she slept there, so she took a pillow from the bed and lay down on the couch, welcoming sleep.

After the meeting, he went home only to see his sleeping wife. He glanced at his wife, who was uncomfortably sleeping on the couch.

'Why is she sleeping on the couch?' He thought.

He sat on the table in front of her and looked at her, how innocent she is looking, is she really innocent or ..., he shook off all his thoughts and went to bed leaving her like that.

When he woke up the next morning, she was nowhere to see. He took a shower and got ready for work, then went downstairs.

She is there talking with his father.
"Good morning," his father greeted when he reached there and he nodded gloomily.

She gave Karthikeya a bright smile when he glanced at her then she went to the kitchen.

After a few minutes she came back and said, "breakfast is ready".

All the family sat at the dining table while Yashodha and Megha were serving the food.

"This is delicious," his grandmother said while his grandfather nodded in agreement.

"It is Megha who prepared all these," Yashodha said proudly.

"Yeah, Megha can cook very delicious food," Anirudh praised her, having a bite of his food.

She is very obedient, and she seems like a good girl. She greeted his grandparents soon after coming home after the wedding. They were quite impressed by her and now her cooking skills made them fall for her.

"Our cook can cook better food than this," Dhamini insulted.
Anirudh glared at her in disbelief.

As Dhamini lost his husband, she and her children stay here in her parents' house. Growing up as a princess of the house, she became a brat who insults everyone.

Keeping all their blabbering aside, Karthikeya ate a few pieces and left coldly from the table.

'Why is he angry now?' she thought while Anirudh smiled at her awkwardly.

He went to the office but lost in his thoughts. How can she cook exactly like her? Was the only thought running through his brain.

"Thinking about your wife," Arjun said playfully as he took the seat across from his friend. He just glared at him and said no.

"Trust me, Sid, she is a good girl. I don't think she married you for your money," Arjun said.

...

Just like yesterday when he reached home, she had already slept on the couch. He glanced at her and found that she was cold, so he picked up a blanket from bed and covered her with that, then he adjusted the room temperature.

'Why am I doing this?' He thought, walking back to his bed.

'Because she is your wife,' his subconscious replied to his thoughts.

'But I didn't marry her with my consent.'

'With or without consent, she is still your wife, and you vowed to protect her,' his subconscious countered.