Ch. 20: F*ing Perfect

Start from the beginning

She gets upset and starts to cry getting up and goes to the back of bus screaming.

            “Ali?” Derek asked.

            “I’m done!”

They heard her yell and they hear something break.  Everyone’s heads shot up knowing the sound of a mirror breaking.

            Nick rushed into the bathroom and into her as she pressed the broken glass to her wrist, and blood trickled down her arm.

“DEREK!!!” he called, taking it from her and taking hold of her as she goes limp, blacking out.

Derek comes into the bathroom to help Nick carry a limp Alex.

“Kevin, get your first-aide kit,” Nick said trying not to cry as they get Alex to the couch.

Kevin gets Dani in back of the bus as he got the first aide kit, and comes back as Joe had a towel pressing on the cut, and they see that it was deeper then Alex did before on her right wrist.

“Alex, please,” Nick said, “Wake up.”  He was hysterical now, his phone out calling dad. He went to go scream into the phone at their dad as Kevin cleaned her wound.

Joe, Kevin, and Derek helped each other finally stopping the bleeding and wrap up her right wrist tight.

Everyone was now crying softly as they waited for Alex to wake up.

Her eyes slowly flicker a bit as she woke back up, “Nicky?”

Nick was still in the other room on the phone.

“He’s yelling at your dad,” Derek told her as he had her head on his lap.

“I want Nicky,” she said softly.

“I’ll get him.  Kevin and I will finish talking to dad,” Joe told her.

Joe goes in back to see Nick crying on Kevin and Dani bed as Dani was rubbing his back trying to calm him down.

“Nick…” Joe told him.

“What?” he mumbled.

“She’s asking for you,” he said with a smile.

Nick getting up practically plowing him over to get to her handing the phone to Joe as Kevin asked Dani if she could clean up the bathroom while they talk to dad.

Nick ran to Alex’s side and brushed her hair back.  “Alex,” he said, “I’m here.”

            “Nicky,” she said, “I’m sorry; I just wanted to make the pain go away.”

“You didn’t have to do it this way,” he said.

“I never can make dad happy,” she cried.

“Yes you can, Alex, he loves you,” he said taking Derek’s place to hold her and cradling and rocking her in his lap. “Just please, why this?  Why did you have to cut? That could have been so dangerous?”

“I just saw my reflection and hearing dad’s voice... I don’t remember anything after that.”

“We could have lost you.” he said, tears soaking her face, “I could have lost you.”

“I’m sorry Nick,” she cried and hugs him.

            “Please, please Alex, don’t do this to me again,” Nick begged her.

She just nods while crying.

Joe and Kevin came back down the hallway and hands Nick his phone back.

“What happened?” Derek asked.

“He didn’t know it was Nick, but he’s already changed everything,” Joe said.  “There is nothing he can do now.”

Alex nods “I knew that I should’ve never came back.”

“Alex, please don’t think like that,” Nick said.  “Who’s gonna tell me I’m messing up or making mistakes if you weren’t here? Who would be the drama queen if you weren’t here, who would take care of me if you weren’t here?”

“Then I wouldn’t have you guys be so far behind and dad wouldn’t be mad at me,” she told him.

“Alex, please,” he said.  “Just please stay here.”

“And do what?” she asked sitting up and stands up.  “I’m done.  Derek and I will fly back to Texas tomorrow, and start working on our wedding plans.”

“Alex,” Nick said standing up to face her.  “I need you here.  Who’s gonna make fun of me about the new song?  Who’s gonna look out for me?”

Alex looks at him, “You have Jen now.  You don’t need me anymore.”

“Alex… you don’t mean that,” he said.

“Look,” she looks at her brothers, “you’ve all done a damn good job of four weeks without me.  Yes you had issues, but it’s not my fault.”  She sighs, “Just picture like it was back before you ever met me.”

“Alex…” Nick said.  “We love you.”

“I love you guys too,” she smiled.  “I can’t deal with this anymore.  I’m going to bed and I’ll just leave in the morning to fly home with Derek and see you there after the tour is finished.”

She turns around to go to her bunk, crawls into bed and closes her curtain.

            “If you insist,” Nick said going to his bunk, hiding his tears.

Alex lay there and cried into her pillow as she heard everyone else moving around and goes to bed, and Derek didn’t even come sleep with her.

Alex set her alarm on her phone for six, and she would make sure that she was gone before everyone got up.

~*~*~*~

            Nick sat in his bunk texting Jen, trying to sort himself out.

Nick~ Jen, I don’t know what to do… she’s leaving, how can I convince her to stay?

Jen~ Nick, your dad was so upset over here I just kept to myself. I’m sorry. Your mom wants me to go to bed.

Nick~ Please, just take your phone with you; I need to talk to someone.

Jen~ I’m in your bunk lying down, she hears the noises even with the curtain closed.

Nick~ I love you.

Jen~ I love you too.  Just get some sleep and I'll TTYT.

Nick~ I’ll try. I miss you already. ~kiss~

Jen~ I miss you too.

Nick~ Alright, for real this time good night.

Jen~ Good night.

Nick put his phone up and tried to close his eyes.  He couldn’t help but worry about Alex, he knew she was on edge and concerned.

~*~*~*~

            Alex alarm went off on her phone.  She got up quietly, got her bag and changes her clothes as she quietly woke up Derek, who also got up and dressed.  Alex made sure that nothing that was hers was left behind.

She calls Rob to tell him what was going on and she needed his help, and she looks back at the bunks where Joe and Nick were sleeping and then Kevin and Dani’s door that was shut.

            “Goodbye,” she whispered.

            She and Derek then walked off the bus as the driver helped with the door and locking it as they went to meet Rob to get to the airport.

~*~*~*~*~

NA: Okay... so deep right? The song fit the chapter right? Poor Nick... he loves Alex so much... and poor Alex? Do you think she did the right thing in telling Jen what she thought, and for leaving? What do you think is going to happen next??? CVF