Part 17: The Great Divide

Deep within the tomb of Nazarick, a rhythmic banging pulsed out. The sounds of war preparation could be heard throughout the monstrous guild, and an obvious air of tension filled the usually quiet Tomb. Ainz sat upon his throne stroking his chin in fervent thought as the floor guardians and battle maids kneeled in anticipation of his words. 

"Hear this denizens of Nazarick. His voice could be heard booming throughout the ancient tomb. "Surely you have all heard of the...conflict between Agamemnon and I," He says with a bit of an annoyed huff before a wave of calm brought him back to his train of thought. "The time has come for Nazarick to have one true ruler." He stated directly, his words bringing a few looks of apprehension from some of the floor guardians and battle maids. "That being said...I understand that some of you hold loyalties to Agamemnon. So, should you see it fit, those who wish to join him may leave now." There was a flurry of light murmurs that filled the room as those present whispered amongst themselves. 

Silence once again conquered as Ainz held up a skeletal hand. "But know that if you join...him..." he said with a slight hint of disgust. "Then you shall become my enemy." His words were not intended to be rude or threatening, simply informative. 

To the surprise of those present, Sebas stepped forward and bowed. "It has been an honor serving you Lord Ainz. Goodbye." He bowed gracefully and began walking out of the room as Shalltear spoke up in her shrill voice. "You would dare betray the supreme being?" She cried with a look of rage. 

"SILENCE Shaltear." Ainz demanded, promptly shutting her up. "Agamemnon may be my enemy now, but he too is a supreme being and WILL be treated with respect." He said as he narrowed his gaze at Shalltear who shrunk back sheepishly. Soon, Thuu'l and Cocyutus followed after Sebas along with Demiurge and to the shock of everyone...Albedo. Once those loyal to Agamemnon left, there were 4 Battlemaids and 5 floor guardians in the room. 

Ainz looked over those who remained and let out a slight sigh. "Our ranks are thinner than expected...but no matter. The rest of Nazarick shall be more than enough to deal with the weak Kingdoms of man Agamemnon has chosen to ally himself with." With this final thought, Ainz stood and motioned for those still there to follow after him. "The time for action has come..." He muttered ominously.

"Left! Right! Short Upper!" You instructed out loud to the citizens of Re Estize. With the threat of imminent war looming over your head, training the Kingdoms able bodied denizens was your top priority. Rather than teaching them weapon reliant combat, you focused on martial training which you figured would serve them well. A few magically talented individuals were delivered to trusted Adventurers Guild members to have their magical skills refined. 

After much deliberation with Princess Renner, you had decided to come clean to the people about your rule of Re Estize and the Baharuth Empire. Much to your surprise, everyone seemed completely fine with the change of command. In fact, the prosperity that both Re Estize and Baharuth attained had been enough to win over even the most royal loyal citizens. Though you had only been officially in power for the past 4 weeks, both Kingdoms were thriving like never before. The open commerce between these two powerhouse nations invited travel and mingling that was previously impossible. 

As such, you had recruited an elite force of warriors from both Kingdoms and left them in the hands of Gazeff and Climb for training. Much to your delighted surprise, they had begun to exceed your expectations. Both Gazeff and Climb were easily strong enough to stand toe to toe with a floor guardian. As the citizens continued their training, you caught wind of a shift in the air. Powerful individuals were approaching and you recognized the feeling of these people....well, these monsters. Through the gates of the castle courtyard came an imposing force. Thuu'l and Cocytus lead the pack with Albedo and Demiurge walking along beside them. Bringing up the rear were Sebas, Tuare, Yuri Alpha, Lupus Regina, And finally Entoma. 

You stepped forward past the training citizens as the group stopped before you and bowed. "Lord Agamemnon..." Albedo stated as she stepped forward. "We pledge ourselves to you in the coming conflict...please accept our loyalty." Her words were shocking to you. Their appearance here and and this pledge could only mean that Ainz was beginning to mobilize his war force. "Very Well." You stated with a chuckle. "Your loyalty shall be greatly rewarded after the coming conflict." They all stood and seemed ready to go. 

"For now, I entrust the combat training of these humans to you all." They looked hesitant at first before you continued speaking. "I know Ainz has preached their frailty, but these humans are stronger and more resilient than he realizes." As if on queue, Gazeff and Climb arrived in the courtyard behind you. "Wonderful timing...Thuu'l, Cocytus...please engage in combat with my two best pupils." You motioned towards Gazeff and Climb who were taken by surprise. Though they quickly snapped to it and nodded in understanding. Thuu'l and Cocytus looked at each other with a slight look of concern, to which you laughed at. "I wouldn't hold back against these two, or you may lose your lives." Your words seemed genuine to the two monstrous combatants who nodded and took fighting stances. 

Thuu'l took your advice to heart and immediately lunged forward, fashioning a two handed war hammer made from his dense and durable scales using a unique skill he called Weaponize. He threw a wide sweeping strike at Gazeff and Climb who both to his surprise slid under the strike. Cocytus wasted no time following up the attack with a flurry of his own as he swung his heavy axes in such a way that it betrayed their true weight, seeming weightless. 

This time, Climb took a shot to his blade that sent him skidding back. Gazeff lunged forward and interrupted Cocytus' flurry of blows using the Counter Strike skill which he had worked tirelessly to perfect. You always made sure to drill home the importance of mastering basic techniques before learning new more powerful ones. 

That philosophy paid off as the opening gave Climb enough time to send out a wave of combat spirit from his blade in a slicing crescent, called Blade Flash, one of you few known blade based skills, that cleaved into Thuu'l's thick scales, leaving a small surface level gash. You chuckled, knowing Climb had Touch Me to thank for your knowledge. 

Thuu'l smiled wide and raised a hand, halting Cocytus who sighed in disappointment. "We've seen what we need to see." Thuu'l said with a nod, as Cocytus hmphed, commenting, "I know...but I was just beginning to have some real fun!" Gazeff and Climb looked to in in slight confusion as you simply shook your head and smiled. "A true warrior can tell the caliber of his enemies after a single clash." 

Thuu'l began, before Cocytus continued. "And it is clear to us you are as skilled as Lord Agamemnon says. We would be honored to fight by your side." The two stood tall and extended monstrous hands that dwarfed the two human's. Yet they confidently took their hands and shook. The other monsters of Nazarick that watched the whole ordeal were shocked by their sudden acceptance, clearly still unconvinced themselves. 

"I understand your apprehension. Ainz has poisoned the minds of Nazarick denizens. Claiming that monster kind is infinitely superior is a fools mission." You state as the monsters gather round, listening to you intently. "That's a sure fire way to get yourself and those you care for killed...underestimating an enemy to such an extent is unwise...and against what Touch Me had in mind for the guild." You look down, a tad somber at the mention of his name. "Human's and Monsters can form a united strength that this or ANY world has ever seen, and I intended on showing Ainz the full power of our combined might." The monsters and human's alike cheered at your speech and while the monsters would still take time to convince, you had set the stage perfectly.  "For now, we rest for the night. Come tomorrow, we fortify." You glared at the surrounding area, preparing yourself for the battle to come. Ainz. Must. Fall.