Chapter 5: getting to know the scooby gang

Start from the beginning

I turned to face Elena and introduce myself. Considering I just showed up at her house for a barbecue when she doesn't even know me.

"Hey Elena I'm Noa, Caroline invited me as her plus one. I hope that's okay with you?"

She looked at me confused. "your that girl the night of the carnival, how did you and Caroline even meet?" She questioned

I replied quickly "Caroline and I met in the hospital we were..... Dying roomies!! How fun! But seriously Elena I know why your questioning but you have nothing to worry about, I'm not related to the devil or anything." Well that's a lie.

She didn't say anything in response to that. Okay well this is awkward.

"I'm new in town, and I'm just looking to make friends. No other motives I swear." I said while putting my hands up. Jeez these people don't trust easily. Understandably though.

Before Elena could respond Caroline interrupted "God! Elena give Noa a break not everyone is out to get you. I cannot stop eating! Stefan says it's a great way to sublimate the cravings. It's hard just fighting the urge every minute of every day."

That earned a snort from me "no shit" I stated and Caroline sent me a glare.

"I know that Stefan really hates that part of himself." Elena added. Well yeah obviously.

Caroline then quickly chimed in. "yeah and he hates that your a constant temptation." Okay woah I wasn't expecting her to say that.

"he said that?" Elena asked in surprise and confusion.

"the desire to rip out your jugular everytime he's with you? Trust me, it's there. It's why I had to break up with Matt." Caroline bitched.

Okay what is up with Caroline? She's being a stone cold bitch right now and Matt broke up with her, not what she said.

Before I could chime in a man I don't recognize walked out. He looked to be middle aged and had blondish hair.

He yelled out to us "hey! Foods ready. Come get it."

And with that Caroline swished her hair and said "finally, I'm starving."

And then made her way inside. Leaving Elena and I standing on the porch.

"do you know what that is all about?" Elena asked.

Okay so she noticed somethings up with Caroline too.

"I have no idea, she's been acting weird since this morning. I don't know why she said that but I'll figure it out." I told her.

I went to walk inside and Elena still stood on the porch. Processing what Caroline just said, it probably hurt her feelings.

"And hey Elena? Don't take what she said to heart. She doesn't know what she's saying. She's probably just hurt about her and Matt not working out." I said with a smile. Hoping that will help her.

"Thank you Noa."Elena said kindly.

And with that we both headed inside. Inside I introduced myself to everyone. We all chatted for a bit and honestly Jenna is awesome. I think she's doing such a good job with raising Elena and Jeremy considering she's young herself.

After a few minutes I'm ripped from my conversation by Damon and he dragged me off into the kitchen.

"What do you want?" I questioned.

"Well you look like you enjoy a little mischief so I thought hey, why not let you in on my master plan?" He responded.

Okay maybe Damon isn't so bad. My dad was once known as Loki. Of course I love a little mischief.