"Hello there, I am Dr. Maria. Can you tell me your name?" Her light voice was soothing and held a motherly tone.

"Z-Zane."

Maria gave him a kind smile and lifted a white medical kit in the air. "Zane, is it okay if I check your wounds?"

"S-Sure." The doctor helped him sit up and sat next to his trembling form.

"I know you are confused right now but relax, honey. I was called last night to check on your injuries. You don't have to be afraid of me. I am a human being, just like you." The woman said as she sensed how uneasy the human looked.

"O-Oh." All this was too much for the human to bear. He couldn't think straight because nothing was adding up. How did Zane end up in a hotel room when he was running away last night? What had happened to him?

"Can I ask you a question?" The lady asked with a hesitant tone.

"Y-Yes."

"How did you get injured?"

Zane felt his hands shake but he hid them under the sheets. "I..I was running from a bad person."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Maria said while applying ointment to his cuts.

It became silent afterward but it wasn't awkward. The doctor changed the bandages on his arms gently. She was polite and didn't ask him for any more details, which the human felt thankful for. However, there was one question stuck in the Zane's mind. Who had brought him here? Curiosity was eating his head.

"Doctor, who saved me?" He asked.

"A wolf brought you here, and called me to check on you."

'Who is he?'

As the question crossed his mind, the door opened slowly. The human heard footsteps but didn't dare to look up. Maria's voice pulled the bruised angel out of his thoughts.

"Siddarth, you're here." The doctor said with a gentle voice.

Zane looked up hesitantly and his breath hitched. In front of him, stood the tall man who had protected him in the alley. The stranger had changed into a black suit and a tight red shirt that had two buttons undone, showing off black ink on his toned pecs. Without the mask, Siddarth was handsome. He had a toned body that seemed to be full of muscles and tattoos. His face was gorgeous. Pearl white teeth neatly lined up, two sharp eyes that were the shade of wine red, thick eyebrows along with silky long eyelashes. Siddarth had a button nose and soft pink lips. His jawline was sharp like a blade and covered by a neat beard. His face was flawless but held no ounce of emotion. The wolf had long dark black locks and a few stands fell to his sharp eyes. He was pretty tall, almost six-one in height. The aura this stranger held was cold and powerful. What Zane feared were the man's sharp eyes. The shade of red seemed cold and predatory.

"Zane is fine now. He needs rest and his wounds will heal in a few days. I'll go now, Sid." The doctor stood up and smiled at Zane. The injured human smiled in return and watched the woman leave.

The silence in the room was heavy and suffocating, but the human didn't know how to break it. The man walked closer and Zane shivered in fear. The wolf took a seat on the other couch and leaned back with confidence oozing off of him, making the angel feel uneasy.

"How are you feeling?" The man asked and Zane bit his lip while looking away. The stranger's voice was deep and toneless and the human could sense danger in it.

"I'm o-okay." Shivers ran down Zane's spine as the wolf's dark gaze watched him. "W-Where am I?"

"A hotel room." His voice was deep and oddly calm.

"Why?" He asked as a lump formed in his throat.

"You were injured."

Zane looked at the man and tried to pin his thoughts, but it seemed impossible. "Why did you bring me here?"

"The streets are dangerous."

"I..I really appreciate you for saving me but I need to go."

The wolf watched as Zane stood up. The human took a step forward and hissed at the pain in his feet. He was about to move forward but he felt his head get lighter. Zane lost his balance and closed his eyes while falling. He waited for the pain but instead, there was a swish of cold air and a tattooed arm wrapped around his slender waist. Zane opened his eyes and saw Siddarth. The wolf had caught the bruised angel before he could touch the floor. Siddarth helped him stand up straight and took a step back.

"Are you alright?" His deep voice asked and the human nodded.

"I'm alright..just a little dizzy, but I have to leave."

"I'll drop you off."

Zane shook his head but it just made him dizzier. He hissed and held the side of his head. "Can y-you leave me at a bus stand?"

The wolf nodded and lead him out of the hotel room. They entered the elevator and went down to the first floor. They left the vacant hotel and walked to the parking lot with Zane following behind cautiously. The wolf took out his keys and walked towards a dark black Dogde Charger. Siddarth unlocked the car and sat inside the driver's seat. He turned the engine on and Zane shivered as the car roared. The angel saw the wolf glance at him, waiting for him to sit inside. Zane opened the passenger door and sat down on the dark red leather seat. He closed the door and put on his seatbelt. The car began moving and entered the road, increasing it's speed.

Throughout the ride, Zane observed how silent the man was. Seriousness plastered to his handsome face as he concentrated on driving. No one said a word and Zane looked out the window to look at the streets that were full of many people. This area was lively but it seemed to be full of crimes. There were many happy couples and teens who walked in the streets but then the human saw groups of people that had a dangerous vibe. The ride to the bus stop was short and when they reached, the beauty saw nobody in the dirty streets. The bus stand was full of graffiti and slurs. All in all, this was not a good place. When the car came to a stop, the wolf looked at him.

"We're here."