Chapter 19: The Three Children

Beginne am Anfang

As soon as the baby was dressed, she began to rub her face with the cloth, she loved how soft it was and she laughed happily.

"I think I have her approval."

Hornet proudly passed the baby to Quirrel who cradled her a moment before putting her in a portable crib they had with them, although the girl did not seem to want to leave her father. She grabbed one of his fingers and held it with all her strength . Quirrel felt his heart leap out of his chest.

"Fufufu, don't spoil her too much, Quirrel. She is the type of girl who always gets what she wants," said the centipede with a mischievous laugh.

"I'll try," said the pill bug slightly flushed. "Any other extra care?"

"Not many, feeding her well, keeping her warm and removing the thread she produces every night, she is too young to take care of herself."

"Understood".

"You'll have to do the same with hersister." Both parents blinked in surprise at this.

"Does her sister also produce silk?" The parents asked in unison.

"Well, it's not as good quality or as much as the princess's." The insect took the pill bug that was lying on her back. "I really doubt that this will serve to weave something."Just as she did with the spider, she ran his hand over the underside of the pill bug, extracting a bit of silk, which looked thick and opaque. "Still, this can be good for something, if she develops the needle combat style she will need it, or she can also make rope. But it will not be useful for knitting clothes. Although I don't see it serious, the pill bugs don't need to produce thread anyway, nor do they need four arms or four eyes... But she will surely be able to take advantage of her unique qualities".

"Certainly," Hornet took her daughter.

The mother had noticed that her daughter was somewhat cold bloody, so for her she had knitted a thick and warm hooded cloak that covered her body almost completely, although it was open in the middle for her to take out her arms. She planned to dye her clothes purple, although she had to admit that dressed in white she didn't look bad. The girl actually seemed happy too. She snuggled into her clothes, closed her eyes, and began to doze off.

"What? Did you fall asleep again? This girl..."

Hornet took her daughter to the crib, where the girl after stretching a little she finally fell asleep. Her father took the opportunity to caress her and the little girl in between dreams moaned softly while moving slightly, it was a truly tender image.

"She's very quiet," said the centipede. "It will be easy to raise her, I doubt she bothers much, unlike her brother".

Hornet and Quirrel turned to see the midwife to ask what she meant, but the answer came alone, the little boy was perched on the head of the bug waving his arms happily.

"Chester, get out of there," his mother scolded him.

But the boy ignored her, instead slid down the centipede's body and when he hit the ground he ran towards the cave exit. But his crazy career did not last long, because suddenly a needle stuck in the middle of his way, causing such a scare that the little one ended up falling down sitting down. He was about to cry when his mother as fast as her needle reached him and took him in her arms.

"Little demon, didn't you think the problems you caused in the Archives were enough?" Hornet complained. "Chester... I see you will cause me a lot of headaches".

"Eh? He already received a name? But if he's not even a day old". The midwife looked very surprised.

"Oh yeah..." Quirrel scratched his head awkwardly. "The truth is that it is a very funny story..."