He blinks back at me, his face paleing like he's seen a ghost. Or the wrath of me.

"I-It was just a joke, Luna," he squirms against the wall, his pulse beating quickly against my fingers. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

My teeth grit in his direction and I give his windpipe a tight squeeze, he chokes and I release him. Listening as he pants out heavily, bending over to catch his breath.

"I swear if I hear another stupid fucking comment like that, I'll feed you to the rogues myself. That is a fucking promise. I won't hesitate to let them eat you alive whilst you're begging for your pathetic life."

His eyes find mine, bloodshot and fearful. He nods instantly and backs away from me.

I peer around at the crowd of people, my eyes hooded with deep frustration. "Anyone else got anything they want to fucking say?" I yell, my throat burning from the sensation.

No one mutters a word and I nod firmly, they've got the message.

"Kassian is in  danger, your Alpha is in danger! We cannot waste a second longer on this shit." I spit angrily, feeling the veins in my neck begin to protrude.

I walk back to the table and feel eyes on me heavily.

"A-M will be with me and Mace. N-Z will be with Alfie, Hope, Levi. Do you understand?"

"Yes Luna."

N-Z dismiss themselves, warning them to get rest and restore their energy so they're ready to go when A-M get back. If a single person is laying around, not ready. Shit will hit the fan and it won't be a pleasant thing to experience.

Mace splits up our group into smaller groups, giving them a clear objective and which areas to search. I head over to Everett, Fran and Milo standing on the opposite side of the kitchen, Fran's eyes catch mine instantly.

"We're ready, Cleo," she tells me. "So fucking ready."

I offer her a nod and glance up at Everett. "Thanks again for bringing your pack to help. It means a lot."

He shakes his head like it's nothing, blonde hair flying around his head. "You saved our sister, it's the least we can do for Kassian."

"We'll come with you and Mace, we're in the latter group but we can't stand around and do nothing," Fran explains, gripping onto my shoulder for support. "The rest of the pack can help now too."

"Thanks," I rasp out. "Mace is splitting them into groups."

"We'll head over," he says firmly before the three of them disperse.

I whip my head to the clearing outside where Mace and Nella are organising them into groups. A pair of light blue eyes find mine and I glance down at Ripley who is standing before me with a strong look on his face.

"I'm going to help as much as I can, Cleo," he nods at himself with confidence. "You've taught me how to fight, how to run, how to keep my stamina high. I'm going to use all my skills and help as much as I can."

My heart warms for the first time since the news of Kassian, I lean forward and grip his head between my hands and press a kiss to the top of his head. "Love you kid," I mumble. "Now let's fucking take down those rogues."

Ripley smiles at me and we run into the clearing, watching as wolves shift and dart off between the trees, aiming for different parts of the map. Mace and Nella give me a nod and I hold their stare.

Mace orders Nella to come with me whilst he leads a group himself, along with Everett and a few other strong wolves.

"Mace says you need to be with someone," Nella says as we remove our clothes.