Calming the Storm

Start from the beginning

"Since that night, I'd catch you humming that song when you reminisced that night" I said with a smile. I watched as April began to sing the song from the beginning. As she sang to for me to hear in her shaky voice. Everything around her seemed to start to settle down.

"I should have known better than to let you go alone
It's times like these I can't make it on my own
Wasted days and sleepless nights
And I can't wait to see you again

I find I spend my time waiting on your call
How can I tell you, babe, my back's against the wall
I need you by my side to tell me it's all right
'Cause I don't think I can take anymore

Is this love that I'm feeling?
Is this the love that I've been searching for?
Is this love or am I dreaming?
This must be love
'Cause it's really got a hold on me
A hold on me"

As she started to end the first chorus, he hair was no longer floating, her eyes had gone back to normal and she didn't have a pink glow to her. The rubble and pebbles were now on the ground motionless. There was no longer a feeling of a heavy pressure either. A gun shot then rings out and I watch as a tranquilizer dart sticks into her shoulder. She starts to wobble a bit before filling onto her side.

"Good job (Y/n)" Vi says as she walks up to me with her gauntlets on "Let's get out of there"

Vi put her hands on the front end of one of the cars that were in their side. Her gauntlets hissed and fizzed as she began to pull the car away from the wall of cars. Once she was able to pull the car to make a considerable sized opening, Vi nods at me.

I walk towards April as she laid on the asphalt of the intersection. I got close to her and saw her face, it looked peaceful, no anxiety, no fear, no stress. I picked up her unconscious body bridle style, with her head against my chest. I walked out of the car prison and Vi had a small smile on her face.

"Take her to the paramedics. We have a procedure for those who become Fallen" Vi tells me.

I looked down at April and smiled a bit "I saved you April, I'm sorry I couldn't stop what happened to you"

Part 2.

I sat inside a waiting room, my right foot bouncing at its own beat. I was currently at a facility called Aurelion Sol Research Hospital named after the creator of Runeterra. It was on the outskirts of Piltover away from many buildings. This is the place people go after turning into a Fallen, they don't stay here forever but they do tests on them to help understand Fallen and what happens when someone becomes one. I called the girls and told them what happened, they sounded like they were worried about me. I told them I'd explain more once I got back.

"(Y/n)" I hear my name called.

I look and I see a nurse standing there "Yes?"

"The doctor would like to see you" The lady says.

"See me?" I say, slightly confused.

"The doctor would like to explain some details to you. He likes to discuss matters like this himself" She tells me.

"Alright" I say while standing up.

I follow the nurse down some hallways and then she stopped at a door. She knocks on it before opening the door "Doctor, I have (Y/n) (L/n) for you"

"Thank you" A male voice says and I step into the room.

The room looked like diagnoses room or something like that. A medical table and cabinets on one of the walls. Sitting at a computer was a man in glasses who looked like a traditional doctor.

"Good evening Mr. (Y/n)" The man says as he stands up and holds his hand out "I am Dr. Shen, I run this facility and head doctor"

"It's nice to meet you" I say.