He shrieked back when he realised the situation. A tint of embarrassmentgrowing on his face. A red rose like layer of a blushing mess.

"Don't worry you've seen me like this before, it's not a big deal for me. Unless it makes you uncomfortable—, then you can feel free to turn around."

He shook his head, "No it's fine.." his words drowning in feeling flustered. His eyes on the ground as his small remark reached your ears. "I was just caught off guard." a small chuckle returning on the honesty.

"You've grown even prettier in general." But he also noticed a lot of scars there. He used to see you without those, but maybe he'll find eventually the reason as of what did that to you.

"A idol saying that when they should see themselves first." you remarked, giving him a compliment yourself. Which were one of the most truthful words you've ever said to someone you felt something for in the past.

Usually it wouldn't be that easy to admit that sort of compliment and get it out, but you felt relaxed around him.

"Aww I feel flattered!" he exclaimed, the cheeks turning as beautifully red as the flowers petals itself. A smile as bright as the sun which lightened the room up was upon his face.

You took a step forward. Taking out a t-shirt before you took a deep breath. "Also the next thing you'll ask me is probably about these scars— right?" you laughed light hearted.

"I know you've noticed them, you're to observant to ignore that." you added quietly, but he nodded gulping. One thing you were aware of that he wouldn't let things like those happening to loved ones easily go. They'd keep haunting his mind with possiblities.

He felt weird— embarrassed, but there was his goal. It was not to ask things that weren't in his space of questions he was allowed to ask. He took a breath in, trying to stop the whole tension in his chest. "I wasn't— but who did that to you I'd like to have a chat with them.."

"That would be.." you trailed off, pausing your own thoughts in mind. A second later working on how to make it sound normal "..me." you finished.

A small amount of anxiety made itself comfortable in your inner self. You were suddenly feeling hyper aware. Your heartbeat increased stronger than ever. Your ears noticed the pulse in your body which was as strong as someone playing drums.

A pause, everything frooze— time, words, feelings? You and Venti.

Silence.

He tried his best to get it out, but couldn't. He never expected that. It wasn't that it was somehow upsetting or triggering him, but more of a empty mind that couldn't think of anything.

"..Oh, I— I hope that it'll heal with your experience.." he stuttered being at a loss of words. His throat tightened as his eyes wouldn't leave your sight. He was in simple words concerned. While his mind raced he only wanted to pace down the hall to shake off this stress he felt. This moment were one of those he feared.

In detailed and careful thought through words, it wasn't just his so called concern. He wanted to hug you and feel your warmth to tell you that you've been strong and that you surely gave your best. He wanted to make you feel safe and sound and be happy with him. Tell you that it'll end and get better. That there will always be the open comforting arms that which who they belong to would listen and spend the time cheering you up. That you weren't alone and he would never again leave your side by free choice.

"I don't mind. I had a stronger accident and have been involved with self harming behaviours from being to careless for around a while, but that's in the past." you told him honestly, a big burden falling off your chest as you were worried he'd react really inconsiderate to being in a bad space.

You laughed lightly as the memories came back. "It was just when my mom had a tough time and I was reckless and stuff, not for other problems and it's been a while since." you smiled to yourself. Now those scars were only a track of history.

He slowly approached you and came from behind to give you a hug. Originally your heartbeat increased, you felt nervous. While the blood rose in your cheeks. Not one inch of your body feeling relaxed was left. You felt comforted yet to vulnerable at the same time. The unpredictable plans of universe could attack you any time and rip the best things that happened from you like back then.

The moment felt like very thin coming at you all at once. You saw him, you felt him close and he was there. He sank with his forehead into your shoulder. His hair tickled, and you could feel the both of you smiling. You were incredibly happy and nothing so soon would change that. Heaven was now a place existing on earth.

After a few minutes of feeling like everything above approved you two departed. and he took a chair to forwards against the chair back to rest his arms and head on it while watching you.

"Did you miss me then?" he playfully nudges you as you went past him. His eyes not falling of your figure.

"What no, I mean yes of course." you stuttered for a second which was enough to give the feeling of being practically exposed.

Your eyes drew back to him as you regained your own control over the chaos of emotions you expressed for the past minutes. He smiled, "I wanted to continue our conversation before the nice backstage lady broke accidentally into our conversation." he mumbled. It was no secret that he was disappointed that he couldn't further talk to one of his dearest friends in that moment. But now there was basically all the time in the world. Except the curfew of course.

You nervously let a laugh out. "I may have overheard some of the conversation back there.." you mumbled quickly. A huge embarrassing feeling dominated your mind. "It wasn't my intent I swear..!" you exclaimed almost gasping for air.

Venti shook hid head and made a hand sign. He smiled beautifully, not the right moment to do that, but it was indeed a soft warm smile. "It's fine, I know you didn't have any ill intentions." he pointed out.

You still felt bad, "I'm still sorry, it's a private conversation youve probably had." trying to explain your reasons to him. "I was gonna speed up and go get my papers done but I just don't know, I was feeling a little dizzy, I think." you rambled, trying to tell him why it happened. But as you looked him in the eyes, it was just fine.

"Are you feeling better now?" He asked as dizziness could be quite literally overwhelming when in the wrong moment.

"Yes." you shortly replied, taking a deep breath to relax.

"Are you alright as well?" you asked in return.

He nodded, "yes I am. No need to worry I'm with my favourite friend after all. But don't tell that Xiao he'll be grumpy in the morning otherwise.." you chuckled. Just like the old days. That was really him, through and through.

He locked eyes with you in a suspicious manner. Squinting them together while seeming focused. "Also not to be nosy," he started, "but you were carrying around that old box.. I remember it still." he pointed out, his expression turning into a calm one.

"Oh yeah.." you came to realization, smiling, "I was gonna show you some of the letters I wrote when I didn't reach you anymore." a familiar feeling settling down.

"Oh interesting.." he mumbled.

"Mhm! you up for going through them?" you asked him.

"I'd love that, I wanna see if you really LOVED your best friend!" he exclaimed loud as if he was drunk.  You couldn't help but laugh, it was such a interesting sight for him to be himself.

——✧・゚: ★,。・::・゚☆
RAINEE's NOTE; I'm currently working one some other future fan fictions with Xiao and Albedo, I'd like to hear, are there any people interested? And if so more canon verse or AU? And also I'm writing some genshin one shots! :D Weekly updates returning eventually