Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I woke up early the next morning and hopped out of bed. I didn't see Marissa, so I figured she was downstairs eating breakfast. I climbed in the shower and let the hot, soothing water relax me and take away my stress. When I figured I'd been in there enough, I came out, dried myself off, found a cute outfit, and headed downstairs. I found Marissa sitting on the couch and eating a bowl of cereal.  Next to her was a cardboard box which I figured had the invitations in it.

"Do the invitations look like what we pictured them to be?" I asked. We had ordered them a week ago and we had the perfect idea. We wrote down a list of names for the people we invited. Then we headed over to the supply store and told them what we wanted.

"We want 150 tiaras and 150 crowns, each of them having their own name from this list. I wrote down next to the names an f or an m for female and male. Females will get the tiaras and Males will receive the crowns. The tiars will be pink and gold and the crowns will be gold with pink gems. Understood?" Marissa was out of breath after she told the worker her request. He was dumbfounded behind the register.

"You do know how much this is going to cost, right?" He asked.

"Of course we do. I'll be putting it on my dad's credit card." replied Marissa.

"Alright then. We'll have your invitations shipped to your house next week. Have a nice day."

I couldn't wait to see them. "I don't know. I haven't opened them yet."

I walked over to the box and let out a deep breath. I opened the top slowly and I could hardly speak.

"They're beautiful! It's exactly what I pictured them to be!" I was ecstatic.

"Wow, these are amazing," she looked down at her watch," Come on. We have to go. Our friends will be arriving at my house soon." I grabbed the box, set it in the car, and drove toward Burling Avenue.

------------------------------

Thankfully when we arrived at the house, no one was there yet. We had just enough time to set up the table and set the invites ontop. In less than 5 minutes, people started to make their way toward the house. Everyone was standing in an orderly line, surprisingly. 

"All of the girls come up to the table, please." announced Marissa loud enough so everyone could hear. She called out all of the girls names and handed them the tiara. She said," You must wear this tiara to be let into the party. If you don't, you won't be allowed to come inside  and we'll have security guards at every door." After the girls received their invites, they all left. I then called up all the guys and handed each of them the crown with their names on it. It took a long time to get through everyone because there were 300 people, but we managed. When we finished, it was really late. We realized that we hadn't eaten all day so we got some Mcdonald's on the way.

-------------------------

When we came home, Jeydon was in the living room watching tv.

"Hey, Jeydon. We brought you some food, so come and eat." I said. He face lit up as he heard what i said. He came over to the table and sat down.

"I'm going to head upstairs and change in my pajamas before I eat." commented Marissa.

"Ok" Me and Jeydon said simultaneously.

This was my chance to ask Jeydon about Lindsey. I didn't know how I should start. I can't believe you betrayed me? What kind of brother are you? Do you love Lindsey? Then I realized I still had Jeydon's phone in my pocket and said," You left your phone in the kitchen last night." I handed it to him," You got a text from Lindsey."

He stared at me wide-eyed. Then he looked at the text and smiled a little. He realized what he was doing and looked back at me. " Did you read it?"

"Yes, and I'd like to know why Lindsey says she loves you." I said sternly.

"Ok, I guess it's time that I finally tell you what's going on." He took a deep breath and looked as though he was puzzled about how he should begin, but then he finally started speaking again," Me and Lindsey have been dating for over a month now. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd freak, so we decided to keep it a secret from everyone and Lindsey understands the situation. I really like her and she was just over here, but she had to leave when she saw your car pull up. She knew that I couldn't risk having you know she was at our house." When he paused, I took the liberty to say, " I understand and I'm not mad about it. I'm just upset that you were so sweet to a girl who absolutely hated me."

"I know that what she says to you is wrong and I try to tell her to stop, but she says that what you did to her was way worse and that she'd never forgive you for it."

"What a second. What did I ever do to her? I was nothing but nice to her until she started being rude and ignoring me." I replied.

"I tried to ask her what you did that was so bad, but she told me to just ask you."

"Well, I have absolutely no idea what I did."

Marissa then walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. When she saw the look on our faces, she knew something was up. " What's wrong?"

Me and Jeydon explained everything to her and we were both glad she wasn't mad about the whole dating thing. Her reaction was the same as mine.

When we all finished eating, we headed upstairs to go to sleep. Marissa had crashed instantly, but I had too much on my mind. Even if Lindsey was dating my brother, she still deserved to be punished for canceling our cake order and I was determined to come up with a way to make her regret what she did.

---------------------------------------

Thank you guys so much for reading! It really means a lot :) Please continue on voting and commenting! I'm getting closer and closer to being on the "What's Hot" page. Chapter 4 will most likely be up tomorrow! <3