Chapter 10

I sat there in disbelief on what juat happened.

"What are you going do?" Marrisa asked me.

"Well,he told me to meet him behind the bleachers after the game," I answeresd still in a little bit of a daze.

There was a bit of a pause.

"Well...are you going too?" Marrisa asked.

"Yeh, I am," I said.

I bowed my head slighlty to pray to myself real quick before the game starts again.

Jesus, I pray that maybe this the time that me and Luke get together. I pray that you give both me and Luke strenght and that I wont start acting nervous or anything. I also pray that this might be the end of The Wait. Amen.

As I finished I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Maggie, the game is starting," Marrisa yelled.

"Ok,ok," I said.

I looked up and the game started. Everyone cheered and was getting all excited again.

But I was so anxious and nervous that I couldn't cheer along. Too many crazy thoughts were traveling through my mind.

Maybe he wanted to date me or maybe he wanted to know if I wanted to hang out sometime.

Or maybe he just wanted to ask me a dumb question like could he have a ride to school or something?

But he wants to talk behind the bleachers in private so its gotta be something important.

But then my thoughts were interupted by someone yelling.

I looked up and saw that we were one point away from winning.

Briant passed the ball to Luke ( the quartback.) Luke ran across the feild about to score a touch down.

Everyone was on the edge of their seats and then...TOUCHDOWN!!!

Everyone jumped off their seats screaming.

Marrisa got off her seat and ran out to the feild and so did some other people.

All the guys picked up Luke on their shoulders and yelled in harmony," Luke,Luke,Luke."

I giggled to myself. I just sat and watched everyone having a good time.

I looked over to Maria and saw her doing some cheers with her fellow cheermates.

I smiled to myself to see her happy. Me and her have been best friends since we were four, so if shes happy, Im happy.

I sat there and thought about all the good memorys we have had together.

But wait, the game is over now. So that means its time to go talk to Luke.

I stepped down from my seat and walked over to the fence surronding the field.

I saw Marrisa and Briant walking over to me hand in hand.

"Hey," Marrisa said," Me and Briant are leaving now so I'll see you on Monday."

"Alright, bye," I said with a smile.

But then Marrisa ran over to me and whispered into me ear.

"Call me later and tell me what happens with Luke," she whispered.

She moved her head away from ear and winked at me.

"Okay," I said with a giggle.

She waved with her fingers and walked away.

But walking behind them was Luke.

"Hey, can I talk to you now?" he asked polite.

"Uh huh," I replied.

"Ok, over here," he said montioning his body over to the bleachers.

I followed behind him.

As we walked, my heart thumped every step I took. I was so nervous! But I didnt let it show.

As we finaly reached the back of the bleachers he stopped and turned around facing me.

It was really quiet back here and kinda creepy.

"Ok," Luke said.

I looked up into his green eyes. He looked nervous.

"There has been something I've been needing to ask you for quiet some time," He said softly.

My heart started pounding faster! I was so scared but so excited at the same time.

But then he started to speak again.

"Will you..." then he paused.

"Oh my goodness, I thought,"What is he going to say?"

He started to speak again. " Tutor me for Science?" he blurted out.

"What?" I asked in confushion.

"Will you tutor me for Science?" He repeated.

I thought for a second. Why in the world would he ask me this?

"Why?" I questioned.

"Well, you said your good at physics," he answered.

I thought again. When did I say that?

Oh, at the youth group party. But why would he want me. Its not like Im expert or anything.

"Why me?" I asked, "Its not like Im super good or anything."

"I know but I just need one really bad. I've been looking for one all over the school and havent been able to find one but then I thought of you so, What do you think?" Luke asked.

I thought about it for a minute.

I mean I guess I could. I might get like extra credit for it or something.

"Alright,sure, I will" I said.

"Ok awesome," He said running away.

"That was so weird," I said to myself.

Now I cant wait to tell Maria.

So,guys what do u think? What in the world just happened!?!?

Remember to vote,comment and follow.