Chapter 7 Part 2: Lost In Languages

Start from the beginning

  She roamed the shelves before a book caught her attention, "The Amulets of the Savage Ages." She picks out the book and flips through the pages, it listed and described amulets and other mystical artifacts before falling to one page that caught her breath: The Cursed Pendant.

  (Y/n) quickly pulls out her pendant from beneath her hoodie and stare between the page and the pendant itself.

  "The cursed pendant was first found and documented in the Savage Ages, but the pendant itself was described as though it was thousands of years old. Many witches and demons that wore this pendant, experienced harmful side affects when they used their magic, had lucent dreams and hear a disoriented voice cal-"

  Before (Y/n) continued to read more, a scream echoes from the other side of the library. "(Y/n)! Help!"

  (Y/n) instantly knew the scream that came from, with waiting for another second, she bolted towards where the screaming was. "Luz!"

  "(Y/n)! Over here!" Luz yells as she drew (Y/n)'s attention.

  (Y/n) quickly ran towards Luz, "Luz! What happened?!"

  "It's Otabin! He has Amity!" Luz panics before lifting up a book, "but I think I know how to save her."

  "Alright, what's the plan?" (Y/n) asks as Luz began to write in the book.

  In a puff of smoke, Luz stood in front of (Y/n) in a Good Azura outfit.

  "I'll be an extraction while you save Amity from the book," Luz says as write something else down and a small knife appears in (Y/n)'s hand.

  (Y/n) nods as they ran where Amity was trapped by Otabin.

  "Why are you doing this? I've been reading you since I was a kid!" Amity yells as her arm was stitched into the book. "I know you're not like this. Someone changed you."

  Otabin growls, "but friends are what I've always sought. And now a friend my claws have caught."

  A rumbling attracts both their attentions. A purple cloud rolls in, a figure in white robes and hat landing with it. The cloud blinds Otabin for a moment.

  Amity gasps as she recognized the figure, "Azura?"

  However, when the fog cleared up, it revealed Luz instead. Luz holds up Amity's diary, "Close. Is this drawn okay? I kind of interpreted the descriptions."

  "Luz!" Amity yells.

  "Ah, right." Luz got to the point and wrote in the diary. "The good witch, Luzura, grabs her trusty staff," in an instant, a staff rises from the pages and Luz grabs it. "All right, beloved work of children's fiction. Let go of her."

  Luz runs at Otabin, yelling and grunting while swinging the staff around theatrically.

  Otabin catches the staff before she even gets close enough to hit him and throws it behind him. He grabs the diary and gently closes it.

  Luz's Azura costume disappears.

  Luz chuckles nervously, "not an Azura fan, are you?" Luz grunts as she's slammed into the page opposite of Amity's.

  Otabin sews one of Luz's arms in, "Making friends, taking friends, never be without my friends."

  "Hey! Let them go!" (Y/n) yells as she ran towards Otabin. She jumped onto his back and leaned backwards, making Otabin stumbled, backing away from the book.

  As the two girls watched (Y/n) and Otabin fight, an idea sprang into Luz's head.

  "Follow my lead," Luz instructs as she slams her feet against the book." One.