28 | Calm Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

"Sorry! I'm in the way aren't I- oh wait, Otani-chan, about earlier-"

"I promised I'll tell you more so I will," she cut him off with a genuine smile.

Izuku paused for a moment then slowly returned a smile. . . Although, that wasn't what he was going to mention. He wanted to provide some form of an apology or encouragement regarding what All Might and Sir Nighteye told her not to use her quirk. But since she pleasantly offered to talk about her quirk, he didn't think it was necessary again.

"Oh, okay! I'll get my things. I have so many questions. I still can't believe you have Future Vision-" he beamed and started walking past them.

However, Hitoshi stopped him with a hand on his chest then shut the door behind him so nobody could overhear the conversation. Izuku looked up at him with confusion all over his face whereas Rini knew where this was going and sighed.

"Now that you know, first thing's first, never talk about it out in the open. Got that?" He raised a finger and said in a low warning voice.

Izuku furrowed his brows before realizing his mistake. His eyes went wide and he clamped his hands over his mouth.

"I'm so-so sorry! I promise it won't happen again!"

Hitoshi gave a firm nod while maintaining his intimidating stare. He raised another finger before speaking.

"Second, I see how you write down notes about everyone's quirks in that journal of yours. You can not write about hers. Understood?"

Izuku looked a little upset he couldn't write about it until he reasoned for himself the importance of having no written record of her ability.

"I understand," he said firmly, his nervousness vanishing.

Hitoshi gave another nod and raised another finger.

"Third, you aren't the only one in our class that knows. Bakugo and Todoroki know. . . But Nighteye and the adults don't know so be mindful of that whenever you open your mouth around them," he finally let go of the green haired boy and took a step back, crossing his arms in the process.

"Kacchan and Todoroki know too. . ?" Izuku muttered while looking down at the ground in deep thought.

"Yes. Quite recently too," Rini smiled at him. "Bakugo figured it out and confronted me the day after the Sports Festival. And Todoroki confronted me after the attack in Hosu. So you make number three from our class. Welcome to the club," she added with a small laugh.

Izuku glanced between Hitoshi and Rini. He saw how mildly annoyed he looked and how unbothered she looked by her statement. He easily pieced together that Hitoshi didn't like the idea of him and the others knowing about her quirks secret, so he made a mental note to keep her secret safe just like his secret of One For All.

"I promise I won't tell anyone about your quirk or let anything slip," he vowed and gave a respectful bow.

"Good," Hitoshi grunted.

"Thank you," Rini smiled.

Izuku returned a smile then quickly gathered his things.

Now that they were ready, they headed out and left the building. The sun was low in the sky and casted a nice warm orange hue over everything. The teens admired it in silence before Rini spoke up.

"Hey, Midoriya? Do you have to be home early?"

"Oh, um not really. Why do you ask?" He replied.

"Wanna come over to my place? Hitoshi you too? I can introduce you to my parents and let them know you know my true quirk, and then we can study a little for midterms," She smiled.