23 | Queen Chess Piece

\\ 3rd Person POV //\\ At UA //

\\ At UA //

.

.

.

When the Sports Festival ended, all the students made their way back to campus. Like every other student, Class 1A changed into their uniforms and found their way back to class where they were debriefed by their exhausted homeroom teacher.

"Nice work. You have the next two days of school off to recuperate. I'm sure the Pros who watched the Festival will wanna recruit some of you. We'll look over the draft forms and update you when you return. Get some rest. You still have a lot of training," Mr. Aizawa tiredly announced.

"Yes Sir!" The class chimed altogether.

"Your free to leave whenever," he added before sluggishly leaving the room.

Once the authority figure left, everyone hopped out of their seats and found the closest person they could swarm. Suddenly the classroom was animated with chatter about the days events.

"You did really great out there Tsu!"

"Thanks, you too Ochaco, ribbit."

"I hope I get noticed!" Hagakure beamed.

"I wish I acted swiftly during my match against Tokoyami," Momo quietly said.

"Don't beat yourself up about it, you did awesome," Jiro reassured her.

At this point, Todoroki, Bakugo, Shoji, and Koda left the room. Those that were left clustered in groups. . . Until Mina put a spotlight on the green haired boy.

"Midoriya I can't believe you made it to third place!!" She squealed, and the others chimed in with similar comments while swarming him by his desk.

"Yeah man, you were awesome!" Sato gave him a thumbs up.

"You certainly caught the attention of some Pro Heroes," Tokoyami stated with a reserved smile.

"You honestly surprised me with that punch of yours during our fight, but you were great," Ojiro laughed.

"Yes, you performed really well! I'm sure you made your family proud," Iida smiled and did little hand chops.

"Oh, uh, t-thanks! I'm finding it hard t-to believe I got third place myself!" The freckled boy stuttered with a goofy smile on his face.

He briefly looked down at the medal hanging from his neck and tears welled in his eyes. He never would have thought back in his Middle school days he'd make it in the top three of the famous UA Sports Festival. He let that thought linger until he looked over at Rini - who was packing her bag - and he had to give her credit.

"But I can't take all the credit for this achievement. Otani-chan helped me out a lot in controlling my quirk. She's a good teacher and gave me a lot of tips for improvement. She honestly deserves the praise," he softly stated, causing all eyes to fall on the pink haired teen.