~38~

The four of us are now back in the laboratory, The Observer holding a very old book as he leads us to a spacious area away from any delicate objects and instructs the two us sit across from each other and hold hands. The Observer disappears momentarily before swiftly coming back and handing Vigo a paint brush and a jar of glowing, orange sludge. He carefully takes both, unscrewing the cap to the jar. He looks at us, seeing our bewildered expressions upon seeing the jar of mystery juice.

"It's Her blood. An old friend gifted it to me before... he spiraled into madness."

Vigo looked sorrowful as he gently swished the jar, watching thick liquid swirl. It was a little over halfway full.

"And what the hell are you gonna do with that? You know how deadly that shit is?"

Susie demanded to know at once, her beautiful features contorted into an angry expression.

"Calm down, kid. I mixed it with some other properties to make it safer to work with, not to mention easier. I know how dangerous this stuff is in raw form."

Vigo was dead serious now, and ready to get to work. He nods to the Observer, and he moves back about a foot to give us space. Vigo crouches down slowly began to paint out neat, intricate symbols on the floor around us, and I watched in awe. Was the liquid shimmering or was it just my eyes playing tricks on me? I squeezed Susie's hands, hopeful that we would have a normal life outside of this world. Still, I couldn't push the anxiety beginning to cause my body to tremble.

I was scared.

Once he is finished painting around us, he takes the brush and gently paints symbols on our hands. My skin tingles where Her blood stained it, and Susie nearly flinched away whenever he began painting hers. She visibly relaxes once she sees that it wouldn't cause her any pain, and closes her eyes.

"I'm not watching any of this if I don't have to."

She grumbled out through clenched teeth. A small smile forms on Vigo's lips, but it didn't reach his eyes. I could see the worry on his face.

"That's reassuring."

I thought bitterly, but try to push the pessimistic thoughts away. I had to stay hopeful. This had to work.

It only took him about five minutes for him to finish his work, and then he screws the lid tightly back on to the jar, walking away from us to briefly put it back on a table; I watch as he pushes it towards the center. He comes back to us, and looks at the Observer, and gives him a brisk nod.

Nodding back, he opens the old book, taking a moment to find the page he was looking for. He looks up from the pages and at us, pursing his lips.

"Do not let go of each other under any circumstances."

He orders, her and I both nodding our heads in acknowledgement. We both simultaneously tighten our holds into vice-like grips, holding onto each other like it was the last time we would ever get to touch the other again.

"Begin."

Vigo speaks, and at that, the Observer began to read out what I presumed to be incantations in another language. The blood started to glow a deeper orange color— to the point it almost seemed to be red— then that red turns into a black. My eyes widened as black mist began to rise out of the floor from where the symbols had been drawn around us, and I feel Susie clutch my hands tighter.

My pulse was racing, my apprehension growing by the second. The dark mist began to swirl around us, and I can feel Susie's body trembling as well, her eyes still squeezed shut and her breathing short and shallow.

Maybe she was scared of what the Entity would do to her if she managed to get her claws back into her.

I shuddered, praying that it would never happen again.

The mist was so thick, I couldn't see Vigo or the Observer— or anything that was past it at all for that matter. The only thing I could see before me was Susie, until it grew so dense that the only thing before my eyes was black. We were completely engulfed by the swirling void. I began to feel nauseous and cry out as it feels like every one of my senses has been made useless.

Then it all comes to a stop.

{A/N}:
hihi! I'm currently working on a ghostface x fem reader if you guys would like to check that out! it would mean the world if you went and showed it some love <3