~28~

"What's with the fear, child? If I were to hurt you I already would've."

Her voice was something like a purr— or a growl. Every time she spoke it sounded as if many other voices spoke with her, warping the words that came out of her fanged mouth. Her skin was a dead gray, the lower half of her body was that of an arachnid, jet black with glowing orange spines poking out of it. The most dangerous looking ones protruded from the back of her legs, the dangerous gleam glowing that same shade of orange.

But her upper half was anatomically like that of a human female. Her tangled black hair flowed over her shoulders, covering her breasts. My eyes immediately diverted from her bare chest area— regardless of the fact that her hair covered her up. I didn't want to do anything that would offend her.

"Big spider lady... that could easily kill me. Is she going to kill me? Why else am I here?"

I thought, swallowing nervously, and look behind her to see what looked to be human sized mummified shapes throughly wrapped up in silk. They stuck to a certain area of the wall, and weren't anywhere else within the cavern. From what I could see, at least. A laugh comes from her, her black lips curling upwards in amusement towards my unease, further exposing more rows of razor sharp teeth. My heart beat furiously as I locked my gaze to hers— her eyes appeared to be made up of flames themself, her orange irises impossibly orange, the rest of her eyes were black. Her slotted pupils narrowed as she tilted her head slightly, and she moved slightly closer, her legs making an odd tapping noise against the stone floor in a way that sent shivers down my spine.

She comes so close, close enough to make my blood run cold. She leans down, her clawed hands reaching towards me, and I close my eyes. I feel her breath fan across my face and can tell she is now level with my head. I feel her cold hands gently cup my cheeks, and I stay perfectly still, trying to avoid upsetting her.

She lets out a hum, removing her hands off of me within a few seconds and I can sense her backing away slightly.

"Poor child. So lost. So confused. You're much different than the others like you, hm?"

I open my eyes, staring at her. Inhaling deeply, I try to keep my voice from shaking yet that failed as the tremble crept into my words.

"What do you mean?"

A dark chuckle comes from her.

"Why, you're in love with one of the same beings that want you all dead. The same ones that serve me, sacrificing prey such as yourself to me.You know, you're the only one who hasn't been sacrificed to me yet."

My breath catches in my throat and it feels as if my heart stopped.

The ones that serve her.

Holy shit.

I was standing before the Entity.

This was the same thing that brought me here.

Brought us all here.

The same one who forced us into trials for her own amusement.

I see a glow light up in her eyes, and she nods slowly.

"You finally understand what I am, don't you? Aren't you going to... scream at me? Try to attack me?"

She watches me with interest as she threw the questions at me, waiting for me to move— but I stay glued right where I stand.

"Why?"

Was the only word I could whisper. She blinks slowly, and lowers herself into some sort of sitting position.

"The answer is quite simple, really. Because I can. Being something with this much power can get boring, I need entertainment, yes?"

My jaw clenched at her answer, but I kept my stare locked onto her.

"But... this was getting boring as well so I allowed my... how do I put it? My favorite pet to have some fun. She's not like the rest, but of course you know that already. No matter how much I tortured her, killed her and brought her back, she was still reluctant to take part in my games. She did take part eventually, but I can feel the hate that seeps out from her as she does. I like her."

She hummed softly to herself as she begins doing some sort of erratic motions with her hands, spinning thick webs between her fingertips. The orange tinge to it disappears and pictures begin to take place within the webs she carefully spun between her hands. I squint, my heart beating faster in excitement as I see her in them.

"You know... the instincts I gifted her to make her more vicious and willing to do my bidding conflict with her resentment towards hurting her prey. Especially you. I can feel her bloodlust for you. I can feel her fight against it. She has a strong obsession with you. One that I may have placed into her mind, and yours myself."

My eyes slowly move from the images on the webs to her, and I take in a deep breath, trying to process what she has just said.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean."

I asked, my voice low and shakey. A cruel smirk makes its way onto her lips, and she pushes her hands together roughly, clapping them together and crushing the webs. A felt a bit of sadness at not being able to see her anymore, but I push it to the back of my mind.

"What you two feel for each other... is fake. I created the bond, and I can easily break it."

{A/N:}
ohh shi i finally got another chapter out. sorry for my laziness and no motivation to update, but i wanted to say thanks for almost 18k likes and over 600 votes! it means a lot  to me (: