Chapter 19

Vincent's POV
I was stuck in a loop events of my childhood replaying over and over in my head, they wouldn't stop, they wouldn't go away and no matter how much I tried to open my eyes, to move a muscles all attempts seemed futile.

Because I was stuck like the peanut butter and jelly sandwich I was currently eating.

Flashback
I sat at the kitchen counter beside all alone eating the sandwich 7 year old me had learned to make.

I hummed the tune my mom used to sing for me when I was a lot younger.
The door behind me was suddenly opened to reveal Dad and Victor. Dad took Victor to the movies leaving me at home all alone but I was fine with it as long as Victor had fun which he seemed to have.

I quickly jumped down from the chair and ran to my room after a while Victor joined me in the room and I made him tell me all about the movie even though he seemed reluctant.

After Victor went to bed Dad came barging into the room with a bottle of alcohol in his hands, his hair ruffled and eyes held bags so dark. He walked into the dark room and shut the door which was the only light source behind him.

He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt brushing me all over the floor, no matter how hard I tried to pretend like though I was fast asleep he knew better.

He took me round to the back of the house where there were bushes and made me stare at her body, limp, void of life and decayed. I couldn't do anything but look and listen as the words flew out of his mouth.

"You demon, look what you did to your mother all she ever did was love you but you went and murdered" he screamed in my face. Tears poured out of my eyes.

"Oh no need to cry son, we're the same. I have issues you have issues, I'm a beast and so are you" he said as he squatted to stare into my eyes and all I could see in his eyes were darkness.

Flashback inside the flashback.......
I sat outside with Victor it was a sunny day and we were both outside it was obviously summer. The trees were tall the grasses were green and we sat on our swing as I told Vincent about everything I did at school even though we went to school together.

I told him about the new boy in my class even though we were both in the same kindergarten. I told Victor about everything and nothing but yet he smiled at me and encouraged me to go on.

I wasn't the fastest learner as a kid and I also didn't speak much but with Victor and mum everything just felt right. Mum came back out in her pink floral dress, she was beautiful she had the darkest hair, her eyes big beautiful and pure she was kind and she was loved by many.

She came to us with snacks and with the biggest and brightest smile. We ate happily and I talked more and more.

Soon night time came and Dad came back from work, his tie and blazer.no where to be found, most buttons of his shirt undone and some buttoned incorrectly. Mum shooed us to our rooms and we left.

Incoherent muttering...........

After a while of sleeping I suddenly woke up I felt very thirsty but there was no water in the room and I was still too short to reach the fridge so I went on a journey to look for mom.

I walked round the house looking for her until I heard a loud scream. I ran to mom's room but what I saw would forever hunt me. Mum was laying in the pool of her own blood on the ground while dad held a vase that was beyond shattered.

And then everything seemed to turn gray, the house turned bland, the sky which was so beautiful lost all it's beauty and it was at that moment my life changed.... forever