Chapter 9

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to Lynn2118

Also trigger warning. There would be mention of self harm and abuse at a point, beware and feel free to skip. Thankyou!

Vincent's POV
"I'll be going to work now, Victor's still home so you can leave just tell him first" I said trying my best leave soon enough.
"Ok thanks" she said.
"T-t-thanks?" Did The Renata Levine just thank me? She glared at me and I zipped my lips.

"Can I use your bathroom?" She asked and I nodded then pointed the direction of the bathroom. As soon as she left I ran out of the house before I could start walking to the Cafe I heard

"VINCENT!!!" Damn she must be mad, I hope we never run into each other again.

Renata's POV
After making numerous attempts to wipe the marker off I became bored and decided to give myself a tour, I heard snores from one room so I assumed the other was Vincent's. I walked into the room and it was cleaner than expected.

He had lots of books and there were paintings on the wall, I didn't know he was into paintings but he has the eyes for them because these paintings look good.

I walked to one off the paintings to examine it and on the lower left corner I saw it was signed Vincent Cohen.

Wow, I didn't know he could paint. After a while of looking around I saw a baseball bat, ball and glove. Vincent doesn't seem like the type to do sports.

After my tour of Vincent's room I knocked on Victor's door and told him I was leaving, I also grabbed a hat and a pair of sunglasses from Vincent's room.

Vincent's P.O.V
The weekend was almost over and tomorrow is going to be Monday again.
I laid in my bed staring at my ceiling while doing tricks with my yo-yo. After a while I turned sideways in my bed and I stared at the baseball bat that rested on the wall in my room and a tear slipped down my cheeks while I turned off my light and shut my eyes.

(A/N: all dreams and flashbacks in this book will be italicized unless I forget, I'm very forgetful)

Vincent's Dream (flashback)
I ran into my house after I got back from school, I borrowed money from the old lady at the diner and I bought a baseball, bat and glove.

I reached the living room where Dad was sitting on looking very drunk.
"Dad! Dad!" I yelled as I saw him. He gave me a lazy look and I continued

"Can you play baseball with me?!" I asked excited because a group of boys at school were talking about how they played baseball with their dads during the weekend.

"You fool, pathetic idiot! How dare you make demands, huh. After all you have done!" My Dad yelled and tears starting pouring out of a 6 year old me.

Dad stood up from the couch that he had left a visible dent in from sitting there day and night, he grabbed the bat that was in my hand and he used it to hit me, I felt the pain everywhere.

Victor came running into the room and there he was taking the hits for me. And I went and joined him, so we got beaten to a pulp together with the baseball bat I bought.

I wake up from my dream panting and sweating with tears rolling down my face, I couldn't take it and grabbed the box that was underneath my bed and I started again, I cut myself trying to relieve the pain that I felt, but I knew that Dad still had me in his grasp, he still controlled my actions.

A/N: hope you enjoyed the chapter, vote and comment if you did.