Geraskier (Jaskier)

I'm maybe a "little bit" obsessed with this shipping, so I wanted to start with that ☺️.

By the way, this Os takes place right after the fight in the last episode of season 2 and Roach is still alive. Have fun reading 😉

--------------------------------------------------------

Exhausted, I let myself slide down the wall behind me and let my gaze wander through the devastated hall. The sadness and despair made it difficult to breathe. Only with effort I managed not to burst into tears. Immediately after the fight was over, Ciri, Geralt and Jennifer went outside and just left me alone, unheeded. 

Panic tightens my chest, panic that Geralt will leave me again because he realizes that he doesn't need me. The memories of our fight on the mountain back then caught up with me again and I suddenly felt the first tear running down my cheek and dripping onto my shirt. 

All of a sudden I didn't care anymore, because I knew that if I didn't stop them now, I would lose Geralt forever, and Ciri as well. I quickly jumped up and ran outside, more and more tears making their way down my cheeks. Jennifer, Ciri, and Geralt were standing a few feet in front of me, and Jennifer had her hand on Geralt's arm as she stood very close to him. When they noticed me, they turned to me and Geralt looked at me in confusion.

Before anyone could say anything, I bridged the last distance between us and pulled Geralt tightly against me. Like a drowning man, I clung to Geralt's shoulders, trembling, and buried my face against his shoulder so as not to have to look him in the eye. For a moment I had doubts whether I was doing the right thing, and I was afraid that he would push me away, but all at once I felt him put his arms around my waist and return the embrace gently but firmly. The uncomfortable pressure on my chest disappeared and I finally got my breath back. My tears also dried up after a few moments and I relaxed in his arms again. For a few moments no one said anything before Jennifer hissed at me with a hostile undertone, "What are you going to do when it's done? Are you so afraid of a few, by now even dead, monsters that you always have to run crying to Geralt right away?"

Anger spread through me and I jerkily detached myself from him to stomp past him towards Jennifer. I stopped angrily in front of her and looked her coldly in the eyes, when I almost shouted at her:" Yes, damn it! Yes, I am afraid! But not of those monsters, but of losing Geralt and Ciri! They are the only ones I ever really cared about and I couldn't bear to lose them again! And I don't care how you feel about it, because why should I when you're just another one of those monsters?! You may desire Geralt physically, but unlike you, I really love him!"

The last words were not planned and when I realized what I actually said, my eyes widened in shock. A nasty grin spread across the mage's face and she came menacingly closer:" Do you really think Geralt could ever love you? You, a human? A simple and useless bard at that? If that were really the case, he would hardly have left you on that mountain back then. You-" "That's enough!" suddenly came from Geralt and I whirled around, startled: "Stop it Jennifer. Just because you're mad at me for wanting him by my side instead of you, doesn't mean you have to take it out on Jaskier." Astonished, I looked up at him and just stared at him, dumbfounded, while my brain tried to process what I had just heard. 

I was still thinking when Jennifer suddenly raised her voice in anger: "You'll regret this, Geralt of Riva. What use is a human being to you? He has no power whatsoever. Unlike me, he is a nobody!" With these words, Jennifer disappeared through one of her portals, leaving us in silence. "I'll see if there's anything I can do to help inside," Ciri said, and she disappeared as well. Helplessly, I just stood there, not daring to look Geralt in the face, so I kept my gaze stubbornly fixed on the floor while an uncomfortable silence settled over us. My heart was beating so fast in my chest that I was afraid it would just jump out, and that was only because the meaning of Geralt's words had now become clear to me. I was about to start speaking when Geralt beat me to it in a soft voice, "Is it true or did you just say it to spite Jennifer?" "W-what?", I asked confused, not knowing what he was getting at. "Your... Confession... was that real?" he asked again more slowly now. 

I felt the heat rising in my face and began to chew uncertainly on my lower lip before I looked him resolutely in the eye and answered in a surprisingly firm voice: "Yes, it is the truth. And I won't deny it or hide it any longer. I don't care what others may think of me, for I will henceforth stand by it and, even if you don't return my feelings, mine won't change." "I hope so," Geralt replied, and a small smile played around his lips. Before I could think about what he might mean by that, he grabbed me by the waist to pull me determinedly to him and in the next moment put his lips gently on mine. Instantly ignited a huge fireworks in me and it felt as if lots of small electric shocks starting from his lips hunted through my entire body. 

After a few seconds, Geralt pulled back again so that we were looking at each other, but didn't let go of me, instead pulling me a little closer to him. "I love you too... Even if you can be really annoying sometimes and bring me to the edge of my patience," it now came softly from him and still a small smile adorned his face. I too began to smile happily and wrapped my arms around him. Again I buried my face in his shoulder, but unlike before, I felt only safe and infinitely happy. All the fear of losing him, the despair because I had assumed that he could never return my feelings or was even in love with Jennifer, and the worries were gone. 

------------2 months later-------------

I've been traveling the kingdoms with Geralt and Ciri for two months now, and we've done the odd job or two. Geralt was not much more talkative since we were together, but I never expected that and as long as I could fall asleep in his arms at the end of the day and wake up in them in the morning, everything was perfect. Ciri had been thrilled and I had often had long conversations with her on our travels about all sorts of things. She had her own horse and I was always allowed to ride on Roach behind Geralt, which had surprised me a lot at the beginning but also made me incredibly happy. All in all it was just perfect... 

—————————————————————

Hey guys,

I hope you like my first oneshot, because I have never done anything like this before. If you have any suggestions or wishes, please let me know, I'm open for everything.

All the best and stay healthy, your Jaskier 😉