Intruders

Most of the crew fell before the metals scraped and tore red blinding lights flashed in desperation. It gave a weak metal shriek and slowly started to lose control, soon it started spinning. Thinking quickly Mew stumbled to latch on the handle to prevent himself from falling. He needed to abandon the ship as soon as possible.

"Ugh" came a moan.

Turning Mew saw one of Bright's man stumbling about he had black hair and his shirt was soaked in blood this must be the man Bright had mentioned. He looked pale and he was barely standing trying to grip on to whatever item was near. The ship lurched again causing the man to fall forward.

"Come here." Mew yelled over the wind. "We have to get out of here." Off looked up at Mew his eyes clouded with pain. Grabbing the man, Mew lifted him trying to hold on to him as he jumped out off the ship. Mew tossed the rizer activating it to fully open. The humming of the levitating device sparked to life in front of Mew. He landed unsteadily on the board. "Hold on!!" Mew ordered Off. Looking about for his companions Mew saw both Tul, Zee and his other crew safely on their rizers already descending. Mew could see Bright's crew descending into a black forest but Bright was nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly, the airship crashed violently into a castle's tower. The ground shook with the explosion of the airships engine. Fire billowed about, the loud sirens rang alerting the castle's occupants of the danger.

A group of armed men surrounded the area. Some men extinguishing the fire. Other guards aimed their weapons at Mew and his men. Mew landed in the courtyard careful not to startle the armed men into firing needlessly.

A man with fierce eyes stepped forward his voice commanding "Who are you and where did you come from?"

Mew stepped off the riser and gently laid Off on the ground. Off groaned again in pain. His lips white and his face ghostly pale, "I need a healer!" Mew called out to the tall men. "He's hurt, if he doesn't get help now he'll die."

"You are on the Kings land!" Face fierce, eyes piercing and uncaring of the injured man, Captain Max stared at the intruders, "You have trespassed on the King's land and your ship has caused damage to the King's property for such disregard you will be imprisoned for treason!" boomed Captain Max. "Seize them!!" Max ordered.

-----------‐---------

Gulf's blood drained as the King's grip tightened on Gulf's wrist. "I will not ask again... where were you?"

"My King ...I ...I was merely asking a servant for tea. You left me drained I needed something to relax my muscles" Gulf spoke softly trying to appease the angry King.

A knock interrupted the King before the frightened man could respond. "Enter" the King ordered.

"My King there has been a situation." The servant bowed low.

"Notify Captain Max" King Joss said rising from the bed and grabbing his cloak.

"Captain Max and Highest Councilman Perth are already on site. Councilman Kaownah sent me to inform you."

Irritated by the servant's idiocy, the King snarled. "Then why disturb me if the situation is already handled?"

Trembling in fear the servant fell to his knees "T-the c-councilman requested your presence your highness."

"Very well, leave us!" The King commanded, "send servants and have them tie Haren Gulf to my bed."

"S -Sire?" The servant questioned looking up confusion etched on his face.

"My King! I really went to ask for tea." Gulf insisted.

"Well, If that's true you won't mind being tied to my bed...will you?" The King sneered.

"I prefer not to be tied, your highness."

"Perhaps you will reconsider The next time you decided to leave my chambers with out my permission." The King retorted "Do as I say" he called out to the servant.

"Yes, your highness."

-----------------------

"I gave no such order" came a deep voice that had the officers stepping back as the King approached. His cloak billowed magnificently in the night's air the King stood confident and tall. Mew could see this man was someone of great importance, his eyes were black as midnight and hair just as black was styled back in a long braid. Mew could see deep tattoo's spiral down his arm. "Lower your weapons!" The King ordered. In unison the guards lowered their weapons but their eyes were still trained on the unwelcome guests. "You dare to intrude on my peaceful night and scare my subjects." The King's eyes looked at the men. "I think you should pay for all the trouble you have caused." The King glared.

Mew was distracted by the sudden prickle at the back of his neck a sign that danger was close by. He looked about his eyes taking in the landscape. Tall magnificent trees stood in the courtyard. Massive walls with decorative designs etched on the borders guarded the castle. Mew sensed a movement along the walls. He turned in time to see a man sink below hiding behind a tree. The man's arrow aimed at the King.

"Watch out!!" Mew yelled. He ran towards the King pushing him out of the way just as the arrow pierced Mew's arm.

Suddenly, men filled the courtyard. Aiming their arrows at any guard they could see. "Mew!!" Tul ran to Mew's side.

"I'm fine." Mew groaned out.
Blood trickled down his arm.

The King's guards fired at the intruders but the men drew back escaping into the darkness before the blasters could hit their mark.

"After them!!" Captain Max ordered "Secure the perimeter. Find them and bring them to me!!" He ordered his men.

"Cap" Zee kneeled by Mews side. "Who were those men!!" Raged Zee, rising up to yell at Captain Max "Your men hit my Captain!!"

"They are not my men." Max said aiding the King to his feet. "Sire, are you all right?"

"Yes, all thanks to this gentlemen here." The King noted. "What is your name?" King Joss inquired looking down at the bleeding Mew.

"I am Captain Mew and these are my men, We are bounty hunters for the Space Enforcers for the Nine Divine Galaxies." Mew breathed deeply trying to talk above the pain. He rose from the floor, "We got lost on a jump trying to catch a fugitive by the name of Bright. I'm sure you've heard of him." Mew inquired.

The Highest Councilman and the King looked at the each other. Silence was the only answer Mew received. "I believe they came from up above." The Highest Councilman Perth informed the King whispering in his ear.

King Joss nodded, "I believe I owe this man a healer and whatever else he so desires as gratitude for saving my life." The King declared.

"Your Highness, we still don't know who they really are." Captain Max cautioned. "They may be apart of Chief Earth's tribe."

"Silence... I speak." The King ordered. "Highest Councilman Perth..."

"Yes, My King"

"Prepare a banquet to celebrate our new guests."

"We need a healer." Tul interjected.

"Ah, yes a healer. Send this Man to the healing pod." The King ordered.

"We have more men that are injured." Mew grunted. "They need it more than I do."

"Councilman, see to their needs be sure they get the medical attention they need." The King ordered.

"Yes, My King." Perth bowed low as the King turned to leave.

"I have other pressing matters to attend to." The King smiled thinking of Gulf tied to his bed. "Do not disturb me until the sun rises."

"Yes your highness" the servants and guards bowed low as the King walked away.