17: Don't Try to Escape

Start from the beginning

As the leader, Osamu Dazai was very rational. He stood up and came to Atsushi Nakajima's side, looking down at the man he had always trusted. The subordinate slowly stretched out his right hand and covered the top of the opponent's head.

"I'll free him now."

In an instant, a white halo burst out from Osamu Dazai's fingertips, and the ability to nullify his abilities began to dispel the mental influence on Atsushi Nakajima.

The half-gold and half-purple eyes were absent for a moment, and the original anxiety faded, and gradually turned into confusion and anxiety.

He slowly blinked his eyes, for a while he seemed unable to understand what happened to him, showing a state of stillness.

Under Dazai Osamu's signal, Zhongyuan Zhong also released the hand that restrained Atsushi Nakajima, and took a few steps back, but still looked at Atsushi Nakajima on guard.

And Atsushi Nakajima finally got up slowly, the memories of the past two days flashed in his mind quickly, his face changed quickly, and finally settled on anxiety.

In the end, he didn't stand up, but knelt on the ground in a panic, cold sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Mr. Dazai! I..."

He took a quick breath, but his throat seemed to be stuck, and he didn't know what to say.

"I-I'm sorry!"

He lowered his head heavily.

"Are you awake?" Dazai Osamu asked with a smile.

And when he sat back behind the desk, the smile disappeared quickly.

"You don't need to apologize, I know you were affected by Ruri's ability."

He put his hands on the table and said calmly, "Right now, I only care about Ruri's position and your future. What happened? Your memory is not affected."

"Yes." Atsushi Nakajima replied respectfully immediately.

Without hesitation, he fully narrated the process of bringing Ruri to the forest.

Just when he said this, his expression was a little stunned: "Later, it seemed that another person appeared. This person knocked me out as soon as he appeared, and then I lost consciousness."

"You Didn't see his face?" Osamu Dazai frowned.

After getting the report submitted by his subordinates at the scene, he guessed that the enemy who knocked down Atsushi Nakajima would be very difficult, but it was unexpected that there was no information at all.

"I'm so sorry." Atsushi Nakajima tried to remember the man's face, but only got a weird darkness, as if important memories were blurred.

"So." Osamu Dazai tapped the table with his knuckles, his voice suddenly lowered a little, "You don't know where Ruri went?"

Atsushi Nakajima bowed his head silently: "...Yes."

There was a moment of silence in the office. , like the eve of a storm, quiet and terrible.