006.

♥︎

He looks at me when he hears his name I didn't realize I had actually said it out loud until he looked at me as if expecting me to continue talking.

Since I didn't say anything else, Yang Jungwon turns away from me and just looks at the sky, waiting for Sunghoon to finish his conversation with Minwoo.

I couldn't look away though, it was the first time I actually looked at him. His fair skin, strawberry lips, black hair, brown eyes. All of it. It all shimmered and glowed under the sunlight.

It was strange to finally look at him, I had only ever glanced at him and not had the time to actually acknowledged how pretty he could look. Though his looks couldn't change the fact I thought he was annoying.

Still feeling my eyes on him, he turned back to look at me, and as he did I turned away as fast as I could. Why did I do that? Now he's just gonna overthink about it! I thought to myself before turning back to look at the male. We stayed quiet as our eyes met and we just stared at each other for a while.

"Min." My head turns so fast I can't see straight for a moment when I hear my nickname being called. I smile at Minwoo as he had been the one who called for me.

He gets distracted by the boy sitting next to me and just looks at him and then me multiple times before asking, "Is he a friend of yours?" His voice sounds somewhat off but I can't pinpoint what it exactly was.

I shake my head, "No, why do you ask?" I answer him with another question. He should know that since I don't call the people who I consider as friends by both their last and first names while I do everyone else. Like Yang Jungwon and Sunghoon.

From the corner of my eye, I can see the hurt on Yang Jungwons face and feel bad for a moment before the feeling vanishes.

I feel like I could see relief in Minwoo's face when he heard my answer but I couldn't be sure since it was gone in an instant. "Oh, no, it's nothing." He tells me as he snaps out of his thoughts and turns back to look at me, "But I need to go now, I promised my mother to only be out only three hours so I need to head home now." He changes the topic but I don't especially care, and just nod, opening my arms for him for one last hug before he leaves.

He obliges and goes into my arms. I can't say how long that hug was but I know that I wanted it to last longer when we let each other go.

"I'll try to come to visit more often, okay?" Hearing that, I give him the warmest smile I'm able to and hold his hand for a few seconds before my hand falls from his as he starts walking toward the gate that led out the courtyard.

He then waves, "It was nice to meet you, Sunghoon!" He shouts and Sunghoon answers with a "you too!"

He isn't looking where he's going so he doesn't notice as he bumps into Nishimura Riki who was coming back from watering the flowers.

I can't hear exactly what they say but can see both of them apologizing and then leaving to go in different directions. Minwoo leaves out of sight while Nishimura Riki approaches us.

He smiles and waves as he fixes his messy blond hair. "Hey." He says to Sunghoon while giving a nod to me and Yang Jungwon.

Since he was one of the oldest patients he knew pretty much every patient who was in the same wing as him so that included all three of us.

"Ah, Ni-ki. Sorry I knew I said I'd help you with the flowers." Sunghoon apologizes with an awkward laugh and a small bow. NI-ki. Apparently, it was a nickname for the blonde boy that pretty much everyone used, even doctors. I think there were only a few people who didn't use it including me.