Letting in

"You can't tell anybody." I say not even trying us the accent. "I am but as of now I am Clarke Doxon."

"Why?"

"I'm sorry for all the pain caused but you have to realize that if I didn't I would've died. Everyone close to my dad has been found dead the same way Liam was within the past month. I just wanted to make sure I lived to 21."

"I'm sorry. I just need a minute." She says walking out of the room. I sit on the couch understanding that she needed a minute. So I take out my contacts and sit them on the table as well as my glasses on the table. I remove the suit jacket and loosen my tie. I lay my jacket over one of the chairs and untie my shoes. I open my phone and scroll through Twitter and realize I should probably respond to Ali. So I do and I update her on the situation. She responds quickly saying that she has messaged the wrong person. Once all of that is done I just stare at the wall for a few minutes before Jessie re enters the room.

"Can I touch you?" She says wearily. Like in a minute I would disappear. I don't respond verbally only standing up and opening my arms. She walking into them and squeezes my core. I wrap my arms around her neck and press her body against mine.

"I'm the same person as I left, the only difference is I speak three languages and died my hair."

"And somehow have green eyes." She snarks

"They are colored contacts."

I feel her nod against my chest. "Can we go lay down."

"Yeah let me go collect my stuff." I say as she separates from me. I put my backpack over my shoulders and pop back in my contacts and place the glasses over my nose. I follow her into what I can assume is her bedroom. She flips on the light. I drop my backpack and look around the white colored room. On the shelf infront of her bed is a shelf full of pictures of me and Jessie. From the first day we meet, all the way up to my "last" game and even one of us at ash and Ali's house. I pick up the first photo and run my finger over the photo.

She comes up behind me and holds onto my arm. "That's my favorite photo of us." She says looking at the photo of us, I was 14, she was 17 we were both sunburned and covered in dirt after a tournament.

"I'm going to change into shorts."

"Okay." She says laying down. I set the picture frame back on the shelf and strip from the rest of my suit into shorts, I use the hangers in my backpack to hang my clothes knowing it would be my only change of clothes until my boxes come in.

I take my spot on the bed and allow her to curl herself into my body before pulling up the sheets. "I do like the suit look." She states slowly dragging her nails over my abs.

"I do to. It gets annoying some times as I've been instructed to wear it every time I leave the house or infront of people."

"That must be annoying."

"Some times, I've also been instructed to grow my hair longer. And I hate it, now I have to do something with it. I liked when I could roll out of bed and leave, now I have to brush it, and do like a whole thing with it."

"I've never seen you with anything other then a buzz cut."

"Neither have I."

"Did you grow?" She questions.

"No I have four inch shoe inserts sewn into all of my dress shoes. So like in my shoes I'm 6'4 but I'm still 6'0 normally."

"Okay. I'm still mad at you".

"I'll give you all the time you need."

"Have you seen the remembrance game?"

"No I couldn't bring myself to do it".