I Lost

I fall to the ground as Ali's arms stay put on my waist.  I must look crazy as I sob into this woman's top and clutch onto her for dear life. She lightly tugs the ear buds out of my ears that had stopped playing music a long time ago.  She starts to pull away my hood and my balaclava she starts to run her fingers over my scalp. "It's okay. You're safe." Ali repeats.

"I-I-I-I" I stammer as I pull at the collar of my hoodie.

"Let me." Ali says as she pulls off my hoodie and my shirt as well as ripping the water filled trash bag.

She then removes my shoes and my three layers of pants only leaving me in my boxers And my socks.  "Let's get up okay?" Ali says as she helps me to stand up. That's when it becomes apparent how skinny I was becoming. My ribs and hips stick out like sore thumbs. I was  shaking like a palm tree in a hurricane.

Ali leads me to the car as Ashlyn picks up my discarded clothes. I turn to Ali and tap my wrist. My throats so dry it's hurts to speak.

"It's a little past 11:30 sweetie." She says as she continue to keep her comforting hold on me. She leads me up the wooden bridge and into the small car while everyone else is standing outside of a black van. She helps me get into the backseat before she grabs a blanket out of the trunk and lays it over me before she gets into the back seat. I'm so thirsty my throat feels like sandpaper.

"Here you go sweetie." Ali says while handing me a water bottle. I quickly gulp it down before laying my head in Ali's lap. She continues to run her fingers over my scalp. We drive for what must've been an hour before we make it back to the hotel.

Jill walks up to me. "I was going to reprimand you but what you did for that young girl is truly honorable and a testament to your character without you she could very well be in worse shape. Go to bed with ash and Ali and we will talk in the morning."

I can only nod in my delirious state. Ali helps me to my room first to grab some stuff. Ali grabs a few items of clothing before siping up my bag. Ash walks in and drops my gym bag. Ali leads me back to the room while I limp behind. My body feels drunk from the dehydration. I'm lead into the bathroom and sat in the tub. My head rolls to the side while Ali turns on the cold water.

I almost lap at the water as it washes the sweat and sand off my body.  Ali soon turns off the water. "I'll leave you to get dressed." She says before leaving the room. Georgia has to practically throw herself over the edge of the tub before using the toilet to stand up. She lazily wipes off her legs before removing her sports bra and boxers. She towels off before putting on the short and t-shirt. She half hazardously throws the sopping wet bra and boxers over the shower rail. She leaves the bathroom and stumbles into the door. Ash immediately rushes over but backs away when Georgia raises her hand. Georgia continues to stumble over towards a bed but trips on the corner of the wall and ends up face planting the corner of the bed. Ali rushes over. "Hey Cmon let's get you up okay." I just nod as the older woman helps me up. I let her lead me to the bed. I face plant onto the mattress before pushing myself all the way up.  I burrow myself under the blankets and knock out.

"What the fuck just happened?" Ash questions.

"Shhh let's talk outside." Ali says as she grabs a key card. 

The couple steps outside where Hope is being examined by the medical staff. The bruising on her neck is apparent.  Once the medical staff leaves Hope turn her attention on us. "How is she?"

"Broken." Is all I can muster up. I don't think I will ever forget the look of fear on her face as I hugged her.

"Can I see her?"

"She's asleep."

"How was she. I was pulled off the beach after she pinned me."

"She is dealing I guess. I obviously don't know her backstory but she's obviously been abused. I'm guessing that when she saved the girl it uncovered a lot of buried trauma and when you grabbed her it brought her right back to the time of the incident. So I think she will be okay but she was severely dehydrated, and I'm guessing injured. But she will be okay."