"I'll just get a water and the chicken wrap," I replied, smiling at him.

The waiter gave me a nod and turned his attention to Alice and Jasper. "And for you?"

"Just water please," Alice replied, giving her signature smile to him.

"I'll have the same," Jasper spoke out with a nod.

Jared smiled and began to leave, only to stop and greet someone that had just walked through the door. Whoever it was caused Alice to tense up, causing Jasper to exchange a look. I was curious about their reaction and turned around to see that Paul was the culprit.

Perfect. I couldn't believe my luck.

"Paul over here," I called out, raising my hand. Paul quickly noticed me and began to head over to our table.

I mouth out help me to Paul as he got closer, causing him to laugh. I ended up mimicking his contagious laugh with my own. Then, as Paul got to our booth, I slid over and let him sit down.

"Trying a new diet out," He remarks, making himself comfortable.

I bit back laughter from his snide remark. Laughing would only add more fuel to Paul's comments.

"What brings you here?" Alice tensely speaks.

"A mans gotta eat," Paul replies, hitting his stomach to emphasize his point.

I laughed at his action while Alice rolled her eyes at his statement. Seeing Alice's standoffish behavior towards Paul compared to her signature upbeat, friendly demeanor was foreign to me.

"Were you planning to eat by yourself?" I asked, handing him a menu.

"Originally, I was going to order and leave. However, I think staying would be best now," Paul responds, sending the two vampires a look.

"Well, our plans don't include sitting here all night," Alice's voice broke out, her face full of disdain.

"I didn't realize you were on such a time limit," Paul replied.

I let out an awkward laugh. " It seems like the kitchen is backed up," attempting to shift the conversation.

Paul followed my gaze, and we watched a chef through the kitchen window. The chef was trying to teach his coworker while cooking the other orders. The chef suddenly points, causing the young guy to move away from the grill.

Being nosey, I look at Alice's soured expression. "What did he say?"

Alice wasn't the one to answer my question. Instead, it was Jasper's monotone voice. "The kid is being ordered to cut the ingredients."

"I hope you are not too hungry, Paul," I replied, giving him a slight shove.

Paul sighs dramatical but perks up immediately when Jared shows up. "Perfect timing, man."

"What can I get you?" he replies, laughing slightly.

" A chocolate shake would be perfect, please, and a rancher burger," Paul replies.

I should've ordered a shake. Yet, I could steal Pauls if I were lucky.

" Right away," Jared replies heading behind a counter.

I glanced at Alice and noticed she was adamantly refusing to face Paul. Instead, she shifted her body towards me while she had her hand in Jasper's hand. Her posture was more straight, and her head held at an angle.

Jasper was somewhat in the same position before, except I felt intimated by him. I couldn't put my finger on what was different, but I didn't want to risk his buttons getting further pushed by Paul.