"Other than just working here with Monica, why do you think this job would be best suited for you? What do you have to offer?" He asked.

"That's actually two questions boss." Monica butted in, earning herself a look from Maddox.

"Well, I never said that this job would be best suited for me. When I was a little girl, my dad would always sign me up for dancing. I've done tap, ballet, jazz and other stuff. I have the looks, the experience with people and I know what they'd want to see." I spoke out. He hummed in response.

"Well Orabella... that's not the answer I was really looking for." He said.

"But I can tell that you spoke from the heart. You're very blunt and I can tell that you know your worth. I like you, you can start tomorrow." He spoke out before sitting back in his chair.

That's it?" I asked, both him and Monica now laughing. I prepared myself to be asked a dozen of questions, but he only asked two.

"I told you it was nothing to stress yourself about girl! Come on, let me show you around." She said before getting up.

"Hold on Bella. One thing that I do need to let you know is that with this job, comes a lot of responsibility. Monica will go over the basic rules with you but don't think this job will be all sunshines and rainbows." He told me.

¥¥

¥¥

"What was Maddox talking about?" I asked Monica after we sat down at one of the booths.

Monica just finished showing me around the place and introducing me to some of her work friends.

"Well, on some days we'll have a group of business men that come here for drinks and a nice dance. Sometimes they like to test our rules and get too drunk..." I could tell that she was trying to tell me in the easiest way possible.

"Monica, stop beating around the bush and just tell me what I'm getting myself into." I told her.

"Okay okay! You remember that guy that walked out of  Maddox's office? Well that was his younger brother, Xavier Knight. He runs one of the most successful companies here in the state while Maddox owns this place.

Both this club and his company are kind of like distractions to what they're actually doing?" She was starting to confuse herself.

"Are you trying to say they're drug dealers or something? Are they in a gang?" I asked her.

"Sort of... I don't really know everything but it's like a mafia." She replied back.

"Thank you, that's all you had to say. You were acting like I was going to run away screaming." I muttered out before sitting back.

"You're not scared?" She asked me, seeming surprised.

"No. I had a crazy ass family before Gabriel and Tanya took me in. My mom killed herself and my dad wasn't mentally stable, getting himself killed." I told her. All of that was true but I still missed my dad. All he wanted was a bigger and happier family. He just went at it the wrong way.

"What else do you know about Xavier Knight?" I asked her. She looked confused by my question.

"Um I don't really know that much about him. But I do know that he's way more hotheaded than his brother. I think he has five kids. His oldest son has been here once... and he is one sexy motherfucker!" She told me before calling one of the bartenders over to us.

"Bella this is Leilani, a very good friend of mine. Lani do you think you could get us two sodas? It doesn't matter what kind." She said, Leilani nodded her head before turning towards me.

"It's nice meeting you! Monica has been talking about wanting you to work here for the past month." She spoke out.

"Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure his name is Cole." Monica then spoke out after Leilani went to fix our drinks.

When she mentioned his name, my body suddenly felt all weird and uncomfortable, "Woah what's with that look? If you're thinking about what I think you are, then cut it out." She spoke out. I looked at her in confusion.

"Cole is not someone you should be thinking about. Trust me... he's dangerous. And he kind of scares me more than his dad." She admitted, the look on her face letting me know that she was serious.

"I don't care about any of that Monica. I know Cole. Hell, I've met his father before today." I told her.

"Wait what? I thought you said you never met him?" She then asked.

"Our fathers had some beef several years ago. Cole and I were at the same school during the time." I told her, deciding not to tell her that I had a crush on him back then.

"So that means you met his twin sister? Reyna is so fucking pretty! She's the best model out there." Monica exclaimed before showing me pictures of his sister on her phone.

"Yeah, she's alright. We never did like each other." I shrugged.

"Long story short, my father worked with some people who were targeting Xavier and his family. So he helped kidnap Cole, Reyna, and their mother. I was there but I don't really remember anything.

They ended up finding them before killing my father. I do know that their grandfather played a big part in it all." I explained.

"That sounds like it'd be a good ass movie... wait so their grandfather was a part of the group too? But why?" She asked, me shrugging in response. I only remember a few things from when I was there and what Gabriel had told me.

"Damn. But like I was saying, if you ever run into Cole just don't try to approach him. He might be here on some days, I really don't know. Many of the girls here tried to talk to him and even put in requests to be his personal dancer that day but he only ignored them." She explained.

I nodded my head but I wasn't listening to anything she said. Memories of my father and I kept rushing back into my mind. I know he did a lot of bad things but he was still my father.

If Cole were to ever come here, I was going to confront him.

And nobody was gonna stop me.

****

Don't forget to vote!!

Orabella | ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara