When I told her that I had a interview at one of the coffee shops near my house she was quick to tell me no.

"Come work at the strip club with me. Trust me, you'll like it!" She said.

So here I am. On the way to my interview to become a stripper.

Never thought I'd be doing this but fuck it.

"Are you excited?" She asked me as we walked down the hallway, some of the girls staring at me weirdly.

"I'm kind of nervous... I bet my dad is rolling over in his grave at the thought of me being a stripper right now." I told her before laughing.

"You're gonna be fine! The boss may seem scary at first but he's a real sweetheart." She told me. We then walked up the stairs before meeting a door.

"Knight." I read the name that was written on the fancy looking door. Monica then knocked on the door.

A few seconds later the door opened and a man walked out. He looked oddly familiar, I would say he's probably in his late 30's or early 40's.

"Good morning Mr. Knight. It's good to see you again." Monica greeted him. He nodded in response.

Mr. Knight...

"Good to see you Monica. And who is this?" He asked while looking at me.

"This is my best friend, Orabella. She's here for an interview." She told him.

I noticed the way he looked at me before a small smile formed on his face, "Is that so? Well I'll get out of your way. It was nice seeing you again Orabella." He spoke out before walking down the stairs.

"You've met Xavier before?" She then asked. Hearing his name sent shivers down my spine.

"No..." I lied.

Monica and I then walked in, closing the door behind us. There was a man who looked very identical to the one that just left. However, he was slightly older.

"Good morning boss!" Monica exclaimed before sitting in one of the seats in front of his desk, me doing the same.

He shook his head at her but I could see the amusement in his eyes. "What did I tell you about calling me boss Monica?" He asked her.

She then pouted, "But I like boss more then Maddox... I wanna seem professional."

He then looked over to me, "Is this her?" Monica then nodded her head.

He leaned forward in his seat, a warm smile on his face. "Hello Orabella, Monica has told me a lot about you. My name is Maddox Knight and I'm the owner of this place." He spoke out. Monica was right, he looked scary but he's a sweetheart.

"It's nice meeting you Mr. Knight. I'm interested in working here and I was-" I began but he held a hand up, stopping me.

"I've heard enough. One thing about me is that I try to keep things simple. All that interview shit just isn't for me. So I'm just going to ask you one question okay?" He asked, I nodded my head in response.