14: epilogue

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

It's been two years since NCT Dream had said goodbye to their special friend, Kim Juna. It was May 2022 and NCT Dream finally came back home after schedules in Germany and Indonesia. Jaemin was tired as he opened the door of their dorm and enter their abode.

Renjun, who waddled in behind him, yawned. "We're back" he called—a habit he had gotten in after Juna had lived with them—even though no one was home. Renjun awkwardly scratched his neck, before kicking off his shoes and entering the house. 

Jaemin looked at Renjun and shook his head. Jaemin hadn't been the same after Juna had disappeared. Of course he wanted the ghost to finally cross the line to the afterlife, but the fact that he had fallen in love with her was still difficult for him to swallow.

How could he un-love her, when she wasn't even real? He had been pining for a dead girl for over two years now. He shook his head and lounged down on the couch. "Do you want to order Jjampong?" Jeno asked walking past Jaemin who only nodded.

Jeno eyed the singer nervously and sighed. "Jaem, I think it's time to let go." He said and Jaemin  nodded. "I know" he answered but continued to stare at the television, that was off. Jisung, Jeno and Renjun looked over to their roommate.

"It's been like this for the past two years" Jisung said, "Hyung is still in love with her." The three boys looked over to the now twenty-one year old male. "I wish he could fall in love with someone else so he could un-love Juna" said Renjun typing on his phone to order dinner for him and the boys.

"Food will be here in fifteen minutes" Renjun said, "we should go and wash up in the mean time." The others nodded and each went their way, except for Jaemin. He knew the others were talking about him and his crush on a dead girl that was basically twenty-one years older than him.

He hated himself for not moving on from Juna. It was, as if Juna had put a spell on him, and had bound his heart to hers. Even though this wasn't possible. Juna didn't have a heart. She was nothing but a ghostly spirit wandering their world waiting to be released into the afterlife.

And here he was, a rather living person, head over heels for a woman who did not even exist anymore. A sigh left Jaemin's lips. He knew he needed to move on. He needed to finally say goodbye to Juna and say goodbye to all the memories he made with her.

He ruffled his hair as the doorbell rang. "Jaemin, can you go?", he heard Renjun call and nodded. With a frown on his lips he waddled over to the door. It was their food delivery, he guessed and opened the door.

Before the delivery person could say anything, Jaemin frowned at them. Until he took a closer look.

In front of him stood a young woman

In front of him stood a young woman. Ginger hair, tied into two braids and almond shaped brown eyes. Her smile was warm and she held a box in her hands. "Three servings of Jjampong, two servings of half and half chicken for Huang Renjun-nim" she spoke and Jaemin stared at her, not able to say a word.

"Excuse me?", the girl asked, "am I at the right place?" Her brows furrowed and Jaemin gulped. "J-Juna-sshi?", he asked and the girl chuckled. "I'm Kim Joonhee" she answered, "you probably mis-recognized me" she chuckled and pointed back at the order in her hands. "Is this the right order?", she repeated and Jaemin nodded.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else" he quickly whispered but Joonhee shook her head. "I get that a lot" she smiled and handed Jaemin the order. "Cash or card?", she asked and Jaemin handed her the money. "Thanks!", she smiled. "Have nice evening, sir!" Joonhee grinned and waved before disapearing into the hallway. 

Jaemin's heart jumped. This girl looked exactly like Juna... the same hair, smile, eyes and even her voice was the same of the girl he had loved so much. He gulped. "Kim Joonhee" he repeated and grinned. "I see."

With a smug grin he carried the food inside and wrote her name and the delivery brand into his phone notes. "Kim Joonhee" he said again and grinned. Maybe Juna didn't reincarnate into another human, maybe she reincarnated into a dog, a cat or a beautiful flower.

But for some odd reason Jaemin thought that maybe Juna had send Joonhee to him. Maybe it was her doing, playing with the strings of fate that Jaemin met Kim Joonhee like this. Maybe it was all Juna's doing.

———

A/N: And here we are! After two years we finally finished my second pocket sized book! I'm so happy with the love this book got. This was something completely different from what I usually write and I'm not even sure if some of the stuff I wrote is correct, lol.

I did some research for spiritual being and astral creatures and how to cross the bridge to the afterlife if your astral shell was still very strong, idk, lol.

Anyways, I really hoped y'all enjoyed this book and I'd be more than happy to see you in one of my other books.

— Inês, 2022.05.26