13: have a safe travel, kim juna

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Kim Juna was born in 1979 to two very young parents. She had been the apple of their eye, always making them smile with her bright personality and her giddy grins and giggles. She was the happiest little girl Mr and Mrs Kim could wish for.

Juna had been an average student. She rather concentrated on having friends, rather than good grades. She was only nineteen years old when she passed away in a car crash after going to a concert of her favorite girl group S.E.S.

Her parents had struggled with her death. A lot. So much they sometimes forgot to feed her younger brother Junsu, who was continuously crying in his crib. It took her parents some time to get their life back together and realize that there was Junsu, who deeply needed them.

Juna was afraid of going to the other side.

It was hard for her to move over to the afterlife. It felt as if she still had unfinished business to do on earth. She was still young when she died. Her astral shell was strong, so why couldn't she immediately pass over? She didn't know.

She floated in the in-between and somehow rested until she woke up and started living with a K-Pop boy group. She was glad that the boys could see her. They helped her on finally crossing the line to the afterlife. 

Thanks to Chenle and the jade bracelet Juna was now able to travel to her grave with NCT Dream and her brother. The ride to the cemetery was quiet. No one dared to speak and Juna floated almost lifelessly in the back of the car.

Jaemin tried his best not to feel too much as they parked in front the cemetery and followed Junsu to Juna's grave. He liked Juna a a lot—maybe too much for his own good. She was a ghost after all. She was not real. There was nothing real about her.

Juna floated quietly next to her brother. "You're already older than I'll ever be" she said, even though she knew he couldn't see her. "I'm so proud of you, Junsu. You've grown up to become a happy and bright man. Always take care of yourself." 

Juna floated around and looked at each grave stone. None of them read her name.

"We're here" Junsu said and pointed at a white grave stone. Kim Juna, daughter, angel, precious friend, the gravestone read. It was beautiful and matched Juna a lot. The ghost whined quietly. She felt a source of power coming from there. 

"My body's down there" she whispered at NCT Dream. Renjun nodded. "Let us prepare everything, Juna-sshi" Renjun said quietly. His voice was shaking while him, Jeno and Chenle prepared everything around the grave.

They had crystals and other gems and spread them around the grave. Junsu watched the idols intently, as they stepped back. Renjun smiled at Juna. "Are you ready, Juna-sshi?", he asked and Juna nodded, feeling the presence of her astral shell stronger than ever.

"Thank you for everything, NCT Dream" she whispered, "may you have a wonderful career ahead of you. Your fans love your more than their own life and you'll be their super heroes for a long time." Juna took a deep breath, even though she wasn't breathing anymore.

"Mark-sshi, take care of the boys. They need a strong and loyal leader. Renjun-sshi... I don't know how to thank you enough for all the work you put into this. Thank you. Jeno-sshi, never forget that you're funny. And that you're smile is the most beautiful smile I have ever seen."

Jeno gulped and turned away. He didn't want to show Juna that tears had stolen its way into his eyes.

"Haechan-sshi... your voice will be heard. One day the world will scream that you're the most talented vocal in the whole wide world." She chuckled and Donghyuck gulped. "Thank you, Juna-sshi."

Juna looked at Jaemin who had turned away from her. "I'm sorry I'm not real, Jaemin-sshi." Her whisper hurt more than anything else and Jaemin bit his bottom lip. "I'm sorry I couldn't reciprocate your feelings because I'm not real." Jaemin shook his head and looked at Juna. "It's okay, Juna-sshi. It's okay."

Juna turned to Chenle. "You're one of the most fearless, most talented and most gorgeous human beings, Chenle-sshi. Never forget to smile. You are worthy of love and loyalty." She smiled and turned to Jisung. "I'm sorry I scared you, Jisung-sshi. May your soul be strong and you become the strong and faithful Idol everyone wants you to be."

Juna felt a tug at her spiritual body and sighed. "It's time for me to go" she said, her voice quiet. "Have a safe travel, Kim Juna" Renjun said and watched the ghost of the girl slowly disappear. All of a sudden Juna was gone. 

Renjun felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes and the twenty year old turned around. He started crying. Painful tears dripped down his cheeks. Jeno wiped his cheeks aggressively and Jaemin stared at the grave stone in front of him.

"She was such a special friend" he said, before he broke down crying as well. "She'll always be our special friend" Jisung said, bending down to pat Jaemin's back. "She'll always be in our hearts."

Junsu watched the band in front of him and then turned to his sisters grave yard. "You changed their life, Juna-noona. You changed their life by becoming their friend. Maybe that was your unfinished business, noona. Rest well now."