ten - baby boy beck

in the week and a half since the frat party, malory had barely had a moment to think or breathe. between assignments she had been leaving to the last minute, lectures, work and studying, mal had had no free time for herself let alone her friends.

she felt bad that she had to decline all of calum, michael and ashton's invitations to go and get coffee, and that she only saw zara for five minutes when she came home between lectures and work. but that's how life was at the moment.

it was busy. and while she may not enjoy being constantly tired, at least the busyness of her life kept her mind off of a certain blond haired, blue eyed demon spawn.

she hated that when she had a free moment her mind would wander to thoughts of her arguments with him, making residual anger bubble up in her chest.

she couldn't get him out of her head.

she had seen luke around campus a few times over the last week and a half, but thankfully only for brief moments. like tuesday, she had been leaving the library, airpods in her ears with a random true crime podcast playing, when she had spotted him across the quad, his arm wrapped around a new girl. that had been the fourth girl she had seen him with that week alone.

he must be getting desperate, seeing as he wasn't even bothering to make any of these girls his girlfriend before he kicked them to the curb.

or girls were catching on to his act. for their sake, malory hoped it was the latter.

while other girls were starting to steer clear of the demon spawn, there was one girl who was trying anything to gain his attention.

sarah lowe. that bitch.

she knew that luke was one of calum's best friends, but still she was trying her hardest to get into his pants. as if her cheating on cal with half the football team wasn't enough to hurt him, she wanted to fuck his best friend too. she was despicable, even more so than luke, and that was saying a lot coming from malory.

sarah had been trying to latch onto luke one day outside of malory's management lecture hall. she had been pushed off him as fast as lightning, a few heated words from the demon spawn himself causing her to walk away in a huff. while malory may not like him, he was obviously a good friend to calum and the other guys. and he proved that time and time again.

if only he treated other people with human decency like that.

"alright everyone, as you may already know, this is going to be my last week with you all." looking back up from where she had zoned out while typing on her laptop, malory's gaze latched onto her heavily pregnant sociology lecturer once more.

dr beck was one of the nicest people you could meet, and one of the best lecturers harvard had to offer, but unfortunately for malory, she was going on maternity leave and taking a sabbatical for the duration of the year.

no one knew what was going to happen to their class. would they all get a pass and not have to attend this lecture anymore? would another lecturer be roped in to take them on?

placing a hand on her protruding stomach, dr beck walked back over to her chair that she had abandoned at the start of the lecture, sitting back down with a content sight. "baby boy beck is due in a few weeks and i've been allowed start my maternity leave early. but, just because i'm leaving doesn't mean i've forgotten about you lot."

malory closed her laptop and placed it the side, like many of her other classmates had done, intently listening to dr beck. "myself and my colleague dr quinn have been arranging for him to take on my sociology class for the remainder of the year."

"he already has another sociology class, so you all will be amalgamating with them. obviously, you won't be in this lecture hall anymore either, seeing as it barely fits you all right now. you'll be moving across campus for the rest of the year. keep an eye on your emails for further details."