Commence

"Soobin-ssi?"

The soft voice manages to break through the walls of Soobin's fading dream and the vampire heavily opens up his eyes.

"What time is it?" he asks rasply, having been the first time he uses his voice tonight.

"7:30PM, time to get ready for the meeting."

Soobin sighs, "Yes Arin. Thank you."

He sits up rubbing his eyes and peaks over to the other half of his bed, I really must have been tired, I didn't hear him leave. He looked over to the armoire to find his outfit laid out for him: a simple black suit that accents his long legs, broad shoulders, and slender neck. The suit design was more on the plainer side but with it on he captured the 'simple yet elegant' look perfectly.

This would be the first time Soobin is surrounded by so many like himself. He only ever attended past soirées when he had to with either Namjoon or Jin. If they weren't the only purebloods there, there would usually be one, maybe two, others. But, this is no party purely for vampire elitists to gossip and attempt to manipulate him for his power or blood. No, that would be considered child's play compared to what he is about to walk into.

Soobin was checking his appearance when he heard a soft knock at the door and he knew who it was.

"Come in, hyung."

Namjoon walks into the room with a similar black suit on. He defiantly planned this, then Soobin chuckles to himself taking the gesture as comforting rather than overprotective. Namjoon had changed his hair color to a soft brown with it styled and parted out of his face, letting loose a few strands of his bangs.

"I was going to ask if you needed help with anything, but you look ready to me. You good to go soon? They'll be beginning to arrive in a little less than an hour"

"Yeah."

A change in wind and Soobin blinks to find his older brother suddenly next to him with a hand on his shoulders and a calming smile. "Good." Namjoon says satisfied, "So, including you, Jin, and I, approximately sixteen purebloods will be attending the meeting along with several high ranking members of the Hunter's Society. There's a few other purebloods in the country who aren't coming because they're either sleeping or too young, but that's besides the point. Before it starts, there will be a small meet and greet where we'll all gather in the library for a good bit. They will have their people, just like how you and I have ours, and the hunters will have a few of their pupils. The sixteen of us will then go to the large study where the meeting will begin. Afterwards, there will be a soirée in the ballroom where we celebrate whatever the hell we all agreed upon, as long as it's a positive thing."

As Nomjoon was explaining, he could visibly see Soobin get tenser and by the end of it, he looked like he was about to pass out. Namjoons turns his brother around by the shoulders, making the younger to look up at him, and smiles, "it's ok," he assures him, "you'll be fine. And don't forget to breathe because you're not doing that right now" he chuckles and Soobin does as he's told, color returning to his face. "I know you're the youngest here and feeling overwhelmed, but we all were once, too. Just make sure you block your mind out, think before you speak, and keep your chin up" he says, booping Soobin's nose. "If you must back down from a stance, then do it with confidence and grace. Don't give anyone any belief that you can be pushed around or manipulated. When purebloods get bored, they often like to...play games. And there are some games it's best not to be a part of."

"What about you? Am I a pawn in your game?" Soobin asks suddenly.

Something unreadable flashes behind Namjoon's eyes before his dimples deepen as his smile widens. "I'm just trying to ensure a future for both vampires and hunters."