Chapter 16: The Journey Now Start

Start from the beginning

.

As I came out of my car, my dad came up to me and hugged me. In my call to him, I kind of told him why I was visiting and he whispered in my ear, "I've been waiting for this moment for so long." Then looking at me, he smiled, "Let's go inside. Sangi has prepared a wonderful meal for us."

.

I smiled but it faded as I walked inside my old home with my dad. I knew it wasn't the old house that we lived in but I couldn't help the feelings of nostalgia that flew inside of me. I worked at the studio but stayed far away from the bungalow as best as I could. Seeing the place and being inside brought back good and not so good memories of my past. And of course my dad hid all the photos of mom and Jane. He told me he just had a few out but would still put them away when he knew I was coming. I bowed and hugged my step-mother who was more of a mother to me than my own. It was amazing that this woman who was not blood related to me, showed me more love and care than my own flesh and blood.

.

"Jimin... It's so good to see you. You look... hmmm like you were sick. Are you coming down with the flu?"

.

I swear this woman is Florence Nightingale incarnate. "I was but I'm all better now," I tried to convince her but just like my Jungkookie, she could read me well.

.

"Hmm... I don't think so. I can see it under your eyes. Let me make something for you. I'll put it in a bottle for you to carry," and not even waiting for me to protest, she was off into the kitchen.

.

My dad chuckled, "You can't hide from her, Jimin." And I laughed with him. He took me into the living room and sat next to me on the sofa. And even though he had an idea why I came to visit him, he still asked me, "Tell me Jim-Jim. Why are you here? What's been bothering you?"

.

"I need to know dad, how much of me I am. When Jungkook was moving in his stuff in our apartment, Jin paid me a visit and he mentioned about Jungkook and I having children. He said I wasn't being fair to either of us. Jungkook overheard only part of it. When Jin left, we talked a bit but I didn't tell him then. However yesterday I saw this." And I showed him the photos I took of Jungkook's drawings of my mother and Jane. I took them to remind me of why I was doing this. "I never showed Jungkook any pictures of mom or Jane yet he did this."

.

My dad opened his eyes big as saucers, "What the hellllll? Jimin... Am I seeing right?"

.

I nodded, "Yes you are. Jungkook drew these about two years ago. The day before we first went to the waterfall together and made love for the first time. He took me to meet his family for his birthday that weekend." I sighed feeling so loved as I remembered those precious moments together. Then I pointed at the pictures, "Jungkook said he saw them in a dream."

.

"And you believe him? This is so...."

.

"Uncanny. Unbelievable. Yes. And Yes! I do believe him. His ability to draw had helped him with the loss of his brother. Jungkook had dreams of him and it was therapeutic for him to draw what he saw. I know, I've seen the drawings he did back before I even knew him."

.

"Jimin... This is so accurate. So realistic." But when I showed him the picture of me with my dark hair and blue eyes, he gasped and held his chest. "OMG!!! No. This is... This is... you!" Then I told him how Jungkook himself couldn't really explain why he did this. But my father somehow understood. When I told him my initial doubts, he explained, "Jungkook's an artist. Deep down somewhere in him, he probably thought if this was your mother then he could make you look like her too. I understand why he did it, Jimin but I'm totally shocked. When you and your siblings were born and growing up, your mother and I did our best to hide you all from the public. This is really unbelievable."