Chapter 34: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇꜱ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱʏ

Start from the beginning

Getting confused at why he's angry, I turn around and look at Jake looking at my hands.

Red lines of thin scratches marks on my skin from when I fell from the creep's arms.

"I fell," I say and pull my hand away from Jake.

"Fell?" Jake raises his eyebrows at me.

"It was a rough fall. I almost died."

"What happened?" A slight warning tone laces his voice.

"I fell and almost got an asthma attack. Well, I already did feel like I was going to die because I seriously couldn't see anything and there were these big black spots covering my vision. It's like having junior black holes in your vision, you know? But my eyes weren't pulling anything in like how the actual black hole does. It was more of a just the face of a...you know? The black hole—"

"What. The fuck. Happened?" Jake's expression turns hard with his eyes narrowing. His hand fists the front of my hoodie, pulling me towards him.

"I fell while the creep was trying to carry me away."

Jake's eyes widen. Anger flashes through them. "That fucker was carrying you away?"

I wave it off. "But he didn't succeed. Obviously, since I'm standing right in front of you. I nearly kicked his face into his skull with the way I moved my legs. See like this." I say and start kicking the air beside Jake.

Jake stops me by grabbing my chin and making me look at his still angry face, "What else did he do?"

I shake my head, "Jake you need to rest, we can-"

"Tell me."

"ALEX!" I yell.

"Don't call my fucking dad!" He snaps.

"I'm calling a cop," I state in a matter-of-fact tone.

He continues glaring at me.

I take his hand and guide him to Alex's car. This time he follows me without another word. Although an unhappy frown still sits on his face.

We both sit in the backseat. Jake sits upright in his place clearly not wanting to be in Alex's car, keeping his eyes open even though tiredness and weariness made his eyes droopy with dark circles under them.

Alex doesn't say a word too and starts driving the short distance back home.

The memories of what happened to me tug at my mind but I try pushing them away. No need of thinking about it anymore. I'm safe and am going back home.

Jake clutches my hand the entire time as if he's scared I'm going to vanish again.

When we reach home, he wastes no second to get down the car to walk inside the house but I dig my heels into the ground to stop him. "Jake, stop. Alex."

I turn my head around. "Goodnight, Alex!" I shout to him while he gets down from his car.

He gives me a salute in return.

I look at Jake.

He doesn't say anything and stares back.

I kick his shin.

"Ouch!" He mumbles. "What?"

"Do it!" I hiss.

"Do what?" He asks

I nod my head in Alex's direction.

Jake lifts his eyes and looks over at his father. For a moment, something glazes over his eyes as he looks at him. But that disappears within seconds.