Chapter 34: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇꜱ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱʏ

♥Chapter 34: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇꜱ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱʏ♥

Chapter 34: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱʏ♥

Kennedy

Alex and I almost reach home with me playing this cute lil' game called 'how many buttons do I need to press to find the flashy lights until Alex cuts off my fingers'.

I push in random buttons while lying to Alex that I'm finding the radio button even after he specifically pointed to me which one was it.

I pretend I have memory loss right after he shows me.

Pretty much, I'm winning the game because I know I'm close to finding it.

On almost reaching home, something catches the corner of my eye.

Even Alex sees and hits the brakes so hard, that I nearly fly out of my seat and body slam into the windshield.

"What the hell is he doing?" Alex frowns while I unbuckle my seatbelt and throw open the door.

I bolt down and towards Jake who was halfway down the street from the house.

He looked like he was about to pass out with his face scrunching up in a grimace and his hand pressed to his temple. He takes one step at a time, slow.

"What the flipping fudge are you doing out of bed?" I yell running towards him.

His eyes snap up to me at my voice and his entire body slumps as he gives out a big sigh of relief. "Kennedy!" He calls out.

He suddenly glares. "Wanna tell me what happened to your fucking phone?"

"It died out of battery."

The moment I stop in front of him, he puts his arms around me, dropping his head onto my shoulder, exhaustion clearly consuming his body.

I hold him for a moment, letting him slightly lean on me. His skin still felt hot to the touch even though he was shivering.

"Thanks for calling Alex," I murmur, running my hand up and down his long hoodie-clad back.

He says nothing instead his hand fists the back of the hoodie I'm wearing.

"What happened with the creep?" He asks.

I shake my head, "You need to rest. Let's go back."

He lifts his head off my shoulder, narrowing his eyes at me.

"I will tell you but not right now," I say, taking Jake's hand and turning around to walk back to Alex's car.

Alex was still in the car, watching Jake and me.

I take a step forward and stop at the tug on my arm when Jake doesn't move.

"What the fuck happened?" He nearly yells.