Chapter 26: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ

♥Chapter 26: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ♥

Chapter 26: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ

❆Jake❆

Grunts leave my body every time my arms fold and unfold with the huge and heavy weights in my hands. Sweat slides down from my hairline. Heat protrudes from my body even after taking off my shirt long ago.

Whenever there's a break between classes, my feet wander into the college gym to work out until the next class. I don't like keeping myself free.

The vibration of a phone catches my attention and my gaze flicks towards it, kept on a chair.

Lifting the weights one last time with a silent grunt, I put them down. Grabbing my towel, I wipe the sweat off my chest and shoulders before walking over to my phone and picking it up.

My face is quick to scrunch into an expression of annoyance reading the name of the caller ID.

Your wifey Ladykiller muahaha

I answer the phone. "What the fuck did I tell you about touching my phone and messing up contact names?"

"Jakeee." Corey drawls out in an overly happy tone that immediately tells me that some shit happened and that he's in trouble. "Buddyyy. How are you?"

"What did you do?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Uh yeah, before that." He says. "You're not standing near something breakable or throwable right now, are you?"

I look around at the weights, dumbells, chairs and people around me. "I can throw pretty much everything here."

"Oh shit." He mumbles. "Fine, never mind. I suggest you throw whatever there's around you so you'll be satisfied. I really don't want you to throw me. Got a date tonight that I need to look really dashing for."

"Tell me what you want or I'm hanging up." I move towards the gym lockers, pull out my bag and walk into the showers.

"So uh yeah, a few weeks back, I had this date, she's a pretty chick by the way. But you know? She didn't really match my type and I told her that I already liked this other girl. Man, she started bawling her eyes out."

Corey likes a girl? When the fuck did that happen?

"So pretty much at the end, it was a horrible date but the girl kinda stalked me since then. I didn't pay much attention because you know? People stalk me like...all the time. But then what I didn't know was that the girl was already dating someone and was going behind the poor fella's back and stalking and crushing on me. Like the guy didn't even know she went on a date with me."

"Did you just call me to brat about how irresistible you are?" I narrow my eyes. "I swear if this is a waste of my time, I'm never picking up your calls."