Chapter 12: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴇᴛꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢʏ ɢɪꜰᴛ

♥Chapter 12: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴇᴛꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢʏ ɢɪꜰᴛ♥

Chapter 12: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴇᴛꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢʏ ɢɪꜰᴛ

❆Jake❆

Regret never slams into me as quickly as after yelling at Kennedy does.

It wasn't her fault. Goddamnit. I keep bringing her to the police station. I'm actually glad she told me she found out instead of hiding it.

I've always been touchy about Toothy's topic.

Kennedy doesn't deserve the way I talk to her and it's now making me go fucking crazy with the regret.

I stare at my college textbook in front of me, not being able to concentrate on even a single word.

My knuckles whiten as I clutch the pen in my hand. Might as well fucking snap it into two.

I should go apologize. But I'm not good with that shit.

What if I say something else and make her more upset?

Fuck. These things suit Corey.

He'd be standing out of Kennedy's door with a huge Valentine's heart with fifty people singing a sorry song if he had made Kennedy upset. He'd also prepare a dance for her.

I need to apologize to her.

I stand from my desk and walk over to her bedroom door. I raise my fist to knock on her door but stop when I hear her talking to someone.

At first, I think she might be talking to her imaginary friends or something. Knowing Kennedy, it's no surprise she might have a whole imaginary planet.

I lean in closer to hear better. Kennedy spies on me all the time, is it fucking wrong if I do too?

"I wish you were here." She says softly and I feel my body go tense.

Who is she talking to?

Does she have a boyfriend? I wouldn't be surprised if she did. She attracts guys from everywhere with that fucking smile of hers.

"Oh, it's great over here. I like Alex. I made new friends. I'm going to high school too."

"You poophead!" She yells suddenly followed by a laugh. "Oh come on Gary, you know you miss me."

The muscles on my shoulders relax when I realize she's talking to her doctor.

"It's lonely sometimes." Her voice quiets down and I suddenly want to throw open this door and scoop her up into my arms.

"I have a male prostitute living next door." She says then quickly adds. "Kidding, kidding. It's only Jake."

"Oh, I also held a real-life gun." She adds and a male voice could be heard yelling through the phone. "I didn't shoot anybody." She scoffs. "You didn't mention in your textbook-sized rule book that I wasn't allowed to hold guns."