47| Why apologize? We have Burgers

"I didn't think I would be feeding eight people, especially with you eating four of them at the same time." [M/N] said as he looked at Itto's messy face, some special sauce dripping from his lips along with cheese clinging to his lips. "How could you eat so much of them?" Itto stops in mid-chew and swallows. He wiped his lips with the back of his hand as his lips formed a grin.

"Pft- you kidding? These are nothing like Granny Oni's dishes at home, I mean Lavender Melon is better when cooked with a bit of sugar or salt. I prefer the sweet ones though, especially when Kuki makes them. Mhm! When you two visit, I'll ask her to make you some." Itto grins as he takes a long and loud sip of his soda, sighing as it went down.

"If I go, Itto I have a life here-"[M/N] said as he gestures to Auggie who was bitting the heads of the chicken nuggets and dipping them in honey mustard. "and a bratty kid to take care of."

"Huh, well..then you can just move with us. Besides, we all know there isn't much here, and Teyvat is suppppppper haunted, I mean I'm not scared of anything that moves in the dark but there are people who would love to talk to their loved ones and enjoy the company one last time." Itto said he could name at least two people who wanted to talk to their loved ones if it was possible. 

"It would be nice maybe for a vacation and look around at your world, it would be really nice." [M/N] admitted as Auggie swallowed before chugging down the soda causing him to sigh a bit, "But I have bills, taxes, and a lot of stuff so I wouldn't have the luxury."

Don't be dumb, think about all the guys you can fuck

"Shut up."

"Uncle?" [M/n] glanced to Auggie, he was fiddling with his soda cup along with the avoiding [E/C] eyes. "I.."

"Come on Auggie, you got this little man, I mean we've been talking about it for days now." Itto encouraged and gives [M/N] a large grin, "Since the weird sister thing, I talked it over with everyone else and Auggie, we know you had been having problems with sleep and sleepwalking. So I've been practicing with Klee and Auggie, how to apologize properly like a small gentleman." 

"Oh, wow, that's...very mature from both of you." [M/N] said as he glanced at the two. 

"Of course, how could I not help my soon-to-be nephew-in-law?" Itto asked with a laugh and grin as [M/n] sputters and stared at the Oni with slightly wide eyes, "Pft? Do you think Oni's mate is for fun? No way baby, we are mates for LIFEEEEE." Itto laughs, loud and he was very confident in his words.

"Ew." Auggie made a noise in disagreement, "Uncle should marry Ajax or Albedo, they can actually cook and be well off." Itto stops laughing and pouts, "It's true!"

"W-Well I can protect your Uncle, me being the powerful and confident littler of the Arataki gang." Itto sputters as the apology was on hold. 

"Ajax is something called a Harbinger, someone powerful, and Albedo is from the Knights...they seem better jobs than some gang," Auggie argued as [M/n] chuckled a bit as he finished off his fries. 

"Anyway! Auggie, go ahead..." itto stops as he heard [M/N] chuckle and watched the smaller [L/N] fiddle with the wrapper now and Auggie takes a deep breath.

"Uncle...I know what I said...and I'm sorry about it...I never met or know much about my mom.." Auggie fiddled with his sleeve, "and ...it was mean of me to talk to you like that...and I'm sorry."

"....you know..if you asked more about your mom...I would've told you the good things about here that I knew." [M/N] said as he sits up a bit and reached, gently rubbing Auggie's back with hums. "I knew she was very athletic..she was a cheerleader..she had great detail and...she was a good debater." His sister was a lot of things, good and bad. Tempest was a horrible person but she was a good student too, a good team player, and won their public school's place in regionals in their freshmen year and senior year. "She is...a very smart woman.."

"...Why do you hate her?" Auggie asked, looking up to his Uncle with a curious gleam. "...Did she hurt you?"

"..Both of them did, my mother and your mother.." [M/N] said before shaking his head, Auggie wasn't old enough to know everything just yet. "But I'm not going to talk about it in a McDonald's booth."

"Dawww, I wanted to hear this angsty backstory." Itto whines as he crumbled the burger wrapper with a burp. "It was getting good too."

"itto." [M/N] hissed, he wanted to kick his knee but who knows if the Oni could get hurt at all. 

"Okay! Sheesh."

"Will you tell me one day Uncle?" Auggie asked, not wanting to pry it out of his Uncle here in public but he could tell there was a deep hatred for his Mother in his [E/C] eyes. He wondered if it had something to do with him and if it was something that was legal at all.

"One day, until then...I would like that you respect my wishes that she doesn't come into the house at all." [M/N] said as Auggie nodded, his dark hair moving with his head. If only you knew...how much you mean to me...how much she hates you...

"I will Uncle, I promise."

+++

The Window opens and the figure moves in, carefully and made sure not to push anything by accident. She lingers for a moment when she heard steps and nearly got back out but they passed and she began walking around in [M/N]'s room. She looked for things and then she noticed something poking out from the drawer. She opened it slowly and looked around the drawer before finding the DVD taped on the bottom of the drawer. 

She yanked it and closed the drawer slowly, looking it over with a smile. Poor [M/N], always keeping silly things to himself, living in the past as always. 

Tempest hears steps again and moved towards the window, moving out just as the door opened. 

"[M/N]?" Thoma said as entered the bedroom, seeing the window open and the breeze entering the room. He placed the laundry basket down and moved, shutting the window before locking it. "I wonder where he went...and Itto." Thoma sighs as he closed the curtain and goes to put away [M/N]'s clothes.