38| Ow, my leg

"Diluc, I have to insiti....I am fine, I just need the crutch.."

"I don't want to visit the hospital ever again, especially with how careless they were with you," Diluc said as he helped [M/N] into his new bed. He looked at him, tucking the seer in, and pulled back. He had been the second one to help [M/N] once he came home, the second would have been Aether then the kids when they try. "Can I get you anything?" Diluc asked, fixing his shirt a bit as he stands up.

"No, why don't you go relax? I'm a big boy..I can do things." [M/N] said as Dikuc frowns a bit before [M/N] sighs at his odd dejected look. "...fine then..please get me a soda from the fridge? Albedo and the kids came back from the store not too long ago."

Diluc leaves without a word as [M/N] smile before noticing the box on his side table and a note on it. He shifted over and takes the note, and opened it to the messy writing of Susan.

Hey, Honey, keep this box in the spooky room you have across from your room, Auggie and Harold put them in there after we removed my friend's...plants. Love, Susan
PS, do not open, Demon inside.

[M/N] glanced to the box and felt the aura before sighing, he moved off the bed and used his crutch. With the shirt on his small chair, he grabbed the box and limped towards the door, and opened the holder room. He looked around and noticed how well everything was before placing the box slowly by the wall. It was right next to the haunted clown painting and the haunted Scream mask.

He shuts the door and back into his only to see Diluc standing there, arms crossed and annoyance on his face, "Your doctor said you need to be off your feet for the next couple weeks until your side is healed." he chided and [M/N] huffed before moving back to his spot on the bed. He ignored the dull pain in his side and lays back while carefully putting his legs back up. "You're going to get worst."

"Diluc, I'm an adult, I am more than capable of taking care of myself." [M/N] said as he noticed how tense Diluc looked and bows his head a bit. "...do...do you feel upset with something? Guilty? You guys didn't know, and Zhongli took care of them."

"I feel a bit useless.." Diluc began as he fiddled with his long sleeves, mostly the button. "How you got caught and gotten hurt for it, I wish I could've done something more..I..I feel bad. You needed help and we weren't there.." Diluc looked to [M/N] and then away, his cheeks flushed from embarrassment. He hated speaking about his feelings, especially guilt, and putting blame on himself.

"...Diluc, you didn't know what was going on, Zhongli and Auggie were a little team...I'm just glad I'm here now to watch Auggie grow up into a wonderful young man." [M/N] said as he moved the pillow off beside him and into his lap. He pats the spot beside him and smiles a bit as Diluc flushed a bit from the movement, "Come on..sit with me."

[M/N] smiles at him and Diluc does, sitting beside him as [M/N] hummed a bit, "you like taking the blame, don't you? You act like some masochist."

" I, do not act like a masochist along with taking on the blame, I just felt bad that I couldn't assist you or anything," Diluc said as he looked at the wall art to pretend it was interested in it. " I did feel bad."

" Mhm, I see, but you know what? I like you along with the others, you blaming yourself for something that nobody thought could happen is silly." He told the redhead, [M/N] smiles a bit before rubbing Diluc's back with a hum. " You don't have to blame yourself."

" Still...I wasn't there to help." Diluc muttered, as [M/N] smiled before pulling Diluc closer. The redhead flinched and leans into [M/n], his head on [M/N]'s shoulder as [M/N] gently moved his fingers through Diluc's locks, gently moving and weaving through the firey colored hair to soothe Diluc. "...thank you."

"I know an emotionally repressed man when I see it, but instead of blaming me for my faults, which it was for not...well picking the hospital I suppose or born with eyes like mine..but I can feel that you're very under-appreciated." [M/N] said as he kept brushing his fingers through, humming to himself. Diluc felt his cheeks turn a bit pink and he leans into the other, it felt nice, this was nice when Adeline did it for him when his hair was tangled up from playing outside. How Kaeya tried to brush his unruly locks before Knight training and managed to get the brush stuck in it as well. 

[M/N] smiles again, keeping his fingers through Diluc's hair, feeling him relax under his touch. He kept doing this before noticing how lax the other was, he glanced at Diluc's face and his cheeks flushed a bit as he saw the male had fallen asleep. Diluc was sleeping peacefully and [M/N] smiles a bit. He leans against him, wincing a bit as he adjusted himself a bit. He feels his own eyes closed, holding Diluc's hand.

+++

[M/N]'s eyes opened as he noticed the tavern-like establishment, lots of wood and renaissance vibes. There were no customers and noticed the two people here or well three since he noticed a younger woman watching from the corner with some concern, especially for the child that seem confused. 

"Now Diluc, I want you to create me a drink to try, let your mind run free, and maybe one day we can sell your drink." The man said, he had bright red hair like Diluc and dark blue eyes. He looked like a noble-looking man, rich and probably very well known. The boy was Diluc, and [M/N] sat down in a stool close by, mentally cursing that he entered Diluc's memory without his permission.

"Oh..uh..what do you want me to make?" Diluc asked as the man's attention was changed to a new person who called his name. Diluc fiddled with the glass cup before slowly pouring an orange-colored drink into a sliver mixing cup, one from the bars. It smelled like juice, and he finished just as Crepus, the man, turns around and looked down at Diluc's creation.

"You've added nothing.." Crepus said, eyeing the cup as Diluc nodded slowly, still confused and not totally understanding why his father seemed displeased. The little boy watched his father drink the cup and smacked his lips causing [M/N] to narrow his eyes. "It's..just plain juice. "

"is that not what you wanted..Papa?" Diluc asked, but Crepus merely placed the cup down and [M/N] puffed a bit, causing the boy to flinch a bit. [M/N] saw his red eyes blink to him, and he mentally cooed at how cute Diluc looked. He smiles a bit and [M/N] hummed a bit, "A drink please."

"But...I'm no good at this..I don't want to make you disappointed." Diluc said as he fiddled with the empty glass, cleaning it. 

"I don't care, make me the same juice you made your dad, but this time, maybe a bit more sugar?" 

"Okay..."

[M/N] watched how carefully Diluc poured the juice into the silver cup, and he leans on his elbows as he watched him. Child Diluc was such a cutie, round face and ruby hair pinned up into a ponytail with his own bartending outfit. Though, he could understand why he had self-worth issues, especially when Crepus had died, leaving turmoil in the young redhead, especially now.

+++

"Mister Diluc, Zhongli finished-"

"Bennett quiet, look."

Razor stops the blonde, watching Diluc and [M/N] sleep against each other, he watched as Bennett smiles a bit before watching Razor move forwards with his slightly dirty shoes. He panicked internally as he watched Razor move onto the bed without a care. His friend moved laying on the bed, messily and his legs hang off as he nuzzled into [M/N]'s lap. He wasn't a small teen anymore, Razor was taller than most of the others now. Coming to this world defined his features, even Bennett caught himself looking at him too. 

"Razor! Come back." Bennett hissed with clenched teeth as Diluc stirs a bit but doesn't wake up as Razor kept nuzzling into [M/N]'s lap.

"Razor like."

"Not your person to like Razor!"

"Razor fight, [M/N] and Auggie become typical."

"I thought you didn't like people!"

"[M/N] perfect for lupical pups."