Chapter 13: Control

Thank you guys so much for over 200 reads, that's actually insane!!!
Enjoy!

The next day, I woke up bright and early.
I had a plan, but I needed supplies, and resources.
I grabbed one of the bigger bags and headed downstairs and into the kitchen.
Making sure no chefs were in there before I entered,
I headed straight for the pantry. Varian and I were gonna need non-perishable foods, but also food we can cook with to make decent meals.
I grabbed the stuff I needed and headed back to my room.
What was I doing?
Planning to kidnap and break Varian out of prison.
My logic, although probably being heavily misguided, is that if I break Varian out of prison and we leave Corona for a few days, Frederic will realize how much I care about Varian and reconsider. He'd have to consider not just MY feelings though, but the rest of our family's.
It's a great plan!
...
Right?
Anyways, next step, steal the heartstone scroll.
I'm gonna need a lot of power if I'm gonna pull off breaking Varian out of prison. Especially since Frederic never wants Varian alone, ever.
And not in the, "We want him to feel comfortable and cozy", kind of way, no!
In the, "If we leave him alone, he's going to burn everything and everyone around him!",
I needed to get Varian out of here, he of all people didn't deserve this.
I waited until lunch time, the family would be having a great time in the dining hall, which would give me time to quickly sneak in, steal the scroll, and go to lunch without any suspicions.
The grandfather clock in my room started to softly chime, signaling it was 12 o'clock.
It's go time.
I walked casually, making sure I looked as normal as possible.
The last thing I wanted was to cause suspicion.
I strolled on into the artifact room where my scroll was, snatched it from the place it was resting upon, and strolled calmly back up to my room.
I hid the scroll under my pillow, and walked to the dining hall for lunch.
"Hey everyone!" I bubbled, sitting down by Rapunzel.
There were replies of hellos and simple waves at the table.
"You're surprisingly in a good mood, what happened? Did Eugene fall on his face?" Cassandra asked, her smile widening.
"Hey-" Eugene started to speak.
"No, I've just decided to start acting positive for once, that's all." I interrupted and smiled, knowing my plan was going exactly as it should've.
"That's the spirit Y/n, think positive!" Rapunzel acknowledged, pointing at me with her fork and biting into her lunch.
I looked around at everybody sitting at the table, somebody was missing.
"Where's Frederic?" I asked.
"He went off on business this morning, he would've come to say goodbye, but he didn't think you wanted to hear from him." Arianna said, looking down on her plate.
"Yeah, you got that right." I scoffed.
"He feels bad Y/n, he's just scared of what Varian can still do." Arianna tried to reason.
"When did you get on his side? I thought you were going to help me?" I said, offended.
"I'm neither with nor against you. I'm your mother but I'm also his wife. While I do agree what Frederic is doing is not the right way to go about things, I also see where he is coming from." Arianna replied.
"Well Frederic not even deciding what he should do isn't going to help free Varian's father from the amber, nor is it going to help Varian who, by the way, is still in PRISON!" I raised my voice.
"Shoot, Quirin is still in the Amber isn't he?" I heard Rapunzel mumble to herself.
That set me off.
"YOU FORGOT?! DO ANY OF Y'ALL EVEN REMEMBER WHY ALL OF THIS HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE?!" I shouted, moving myself away from the table and sitting up, my fists plastered to my sides.
Arianna stared down at her plate, Rapunzel averted my gaze, obviously trying to hide her guilt, Eugene scratched the back of his neck and looked away also, Cassandra found a spot on the table and stared at that instead of my furious gaze.
I knew they could all feel my anger, I wanted them to say how they really felt thanks to my anger. I wanted a fight, I was ready to argue with every single one of them. Alas, their will was strong, and they didn't succumb to my anger.
Smoke might as well have been coming out of my ears, I was so mad at them.
Not only was Arianna starting to side with Frederic, all of them forgot about Quirin, none of that was ok.
Maybe after I freed Varian I could go and learn how to free Quirin myself since everybody else was obviously busy doing other stupid things that weren't as important!
My eyes must've been glowing, I've come to notice that when my powers are at its highest my eyes, or more descriptively, my iris's would glow pink. Nearly jumped out of my skin when I first noticed it...
Anyways-
I barged into my room, and like any reasonable over a thousand year old teenager would do, I got under the covers and stayed there for the next few hours and sulked.
As any reasonable stone does.