Chapter 2: Some words can't be spoken

((A/U: Modern day))

~Levi's POV~
I cursed myself as I heard the door slammed next door.

"Fucking shit!" I mumbled

I went back to sleep.

But I suddenly got up when I heard my Uncle.

"Mikasa! Mikasa opened the door. Don't feel bad about yourself. We're here for you. You understood it right?"

"P-please just leave me a-alone." I heard Mikasa answered back.

Tch.

Just then there was a knocked on my door. "Levi. I need a favor." He then opens the door and stood across me.

"Tch. What happened to her? Is she alright?

"We'll. She'll be alright if you just go to her and give her this." He handed me a pink notebook. I got up and took it from him. I was wrong. It wasn't just a notebook,but it was a pink diary. I opened it and flipped the pages but Kenny stopped me.

"Your so immature. It's rude to check it without asking a permission."

"Tch. It's all empty. I guess she bought it new." I closed it.

Kenny sighed and went for the door.

"Give it to her. I guess she'll calm down if you talk to her. I'm old for this shit." He laughed as he closed the door.

~Mikasa's POV~
I sat on the bed sobbing.

What if they won't come back for me just because of that business. I understood why but,why am I acting like this? I thought and cried more.

Then I remembered the diary that mom gave me. I gasped.

"Shit. Where is it!" I cursed as I scanned the room. Just then someone knocked on the door. I sighed.

"Uncle d-didn't I told you that I-"

"it's Levi." He interrupted. My eyes went wide.

I fixed my hair and my clothes. "W-what d-do you w-ant?" I asked shakily.

"Thought you might looking for these." he said in his usual tone. I hurriedly went for the door and opened it.

"My diary! W-where did you found it?" I asked as I took it from him

"You dropped it." He looks at me.

~Levi's POV~
I looked at her.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

She nodded. But I can see that deep inside her,she isn't. It looks like she needs someone by her side.She looked at me and our eyes met. I felt a spark.

"Fuck." I mumbled.

She wiped away her tears. "T-thank you Levi."

"Why are you thanking me?"

"Because you found it. I was looking all over for it. Thought I lost it. This diary is precious to me." She sobbed.

I was about to walk away.

"My mom gave it." She added.

I stopped my tracks. Now I knew why she was crying. Seeing her like this makes me wanna calm her down. Then I remembered my ex-girlfriend Ashley.

I shook my head.

I have to move on.

~Mikasa's POV~
We stood there in silent.