10 - relaxing and bonding

The evening of Sunday, June 17th, I was feeling extremely grateful.

It was the lord's day, and I spent my morning in church. I thanked God for the opportunity of working with a star. I thanked him for the opportunity to further my career. For the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. I thanked him for the people I already had in my life; my mother and father, Clinton and Julie. I especially thanked him for sending Julie my way. Without her I wouldn't have landed the job. But not only did I thank him for giving me such a hard-working agent, I thanked him for giving me my closest friend. Such an amazing human being I had rooting for me, one that at times I didn't feel like I deserved.

I even gave some of the money I earned from the print job last week to him and the church.

Just to think, a week ago from today I was going to another small print job, completely oblivious to the life-changing event ahead of me.

And even though it was only the third day of filming, I felt like I had learned a lot from this gig. I had a sneak peek of what stars like Michael had to go through. Days of busy work to provide great quality entertainment for their fans. Not everything went according to plan, and they had to adjust to that.

Today was a bit busier than the last two filming days.

Joe decided to dedicate most of filming to the little scenes before the actual music video began. This consisted of multiple close up shots and dance sequences with the gang members.

It was a busy day for everyone except me. Since my character didn't have much screen time before the music kicked in, I didn't have much to do today. I sat back with Craig; the two of us talking and growing closer. He was quickly becoming the one person I could go to on set and relax with. Another close friend to joke around with on breaks.

I did have to film a few segments of walking down the street before the scene where Michael appeared. But it went by quickly, and without too many demands from the director. When I was finished, me and Craig sat on a bench to watch the rest of the cast.

It was to a scene in the video where the gang is arguing with an older man outside of his shop, debating heavily on how to pick up girls.

"Stay outta my store! You understand that? Look—these people spending money today. You ain't spending nothing but a lovely afternoon!" The older man snapped, waving his arms at the others as though shooing off a bunch of pesky insects.

I giggled at the script, wondering which of the brilliant writers came up with that line.

"I want you to keep your tuna fish face, ugly self, out of my store."

At this next line, Craig and I burst into laughter. It was so unexpected, and a rather unheard of way to insult someone that we found it hard to breathe for a moment; leaning on each other with our faces scrunched in amusement. I tried covering my mouth so I didn't disturb filming, but I ended up having to step away. Craig flashing me a teasing smile when I returned, nearly making me crack up again.

Michael had also arrived on set when I came back; laughing briefly with Frank before receiving orders from Joe. He stepped in to film a piece when the older man chased him away from the shop and the other guys. Walking away, he looked so dejected; head hanging and hands shoved in his pockets.

I had to remind myself he was just acting. This was just proof that he was such a great actor.

When he was finished, he broke away from the group and headed my way.

I fixed my posture; from a causal slump to a straight back pushed up against the seat of the bench. Beside me, Craig kicked his feet out and got even more comfortable, waving to Michael as he approached.