06. Not. My. Girlfriend

Start from the beginning

“Nothing” I quickly closed it.

“So you are an artist?”

“Wow. After peeping into my sketch pad you must be such a genius to figure that out”

He chuckled, “Has anyone ever told you that you have a terrible sense of humour?”

I rolled my eyes.
I heard my phone buzz in my backpack.

It was a message from mom.
Hey baby,
Since your dad and I will not be back home until late. Mrs Kings will pick GG up from school. I'll send you her address so you can pick your sister as soon as you close from school.
Have a great day!
Love you!!

I typed a simple reply, OK

“So ice cream?” Blaise asked.

“Huh?” I asked in daze.
I didn't realize I had zoned out while staring at my phone.

“Would you rather sit here and do nothing or have ice cream?”

“Ice cream”

The rest of the day went on in a blur. No confrontations. No weird looks.
Finally the bell rang for the close of school for the day.
I was more than happy to leave this building.

I walked out of the school gates and Dan was already waiting for me. I climbed in the back seat and greeted him.

“Good afternoon, Dan”

“Good afternoon, Rhys. How was school today!”

I sighed and looked outside the window, “Okay”

I felt his gaze on my face, “You’ll be fine. Did your mom send you an address?”

I showed him her text and he turned on the ignition.

____________________________________
Dan halted the car at the address mom sent to me and I stepped out of the car. The cool January air hit my face and I sighed.

I walked to the front door using the driveway which had flowers on either sides. The front view of the house looked like a mini flower garden.

I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door.

After a while, a teenage boy not much older than me opened the door. He was dressed in my school uniform, some of the buttons of his shirt were undone and he stood there barefoot.

I looked up at him
There was something about him that I couldn't quite place my finger on. Maybe the fact that he looked vaguely familiar.
He left the door open and walked away.

“Elijah, who is it?” I heard a woman's voice yell from another part of the house.

The house was strangely quiet.

I heard GG and another little girl giggling and running around.
I stepped inside and looked around.

“Rhys! Finally I get to see you again” a vaguely familiar voice said sweetly. I turned to face a beautiful woman who looked just a few years older than my mom. She wore a simple white dress and had an apron around her waist.

“Good day, ma'am” I said awkwardly.

“Silly child. Call me mom or Aunt Megan, whichever suits you” she embraced me warmly.

The sweet scent of nutmeg and flour wafted into my nostrils.

“Wees!” I heard GG scream my name. She came running to me with a huge smile.

I lowered myself and opened my arms to welcome her into embrace. Her small body slammed into mine and I hugged her.

She pulled away and looked behind her. “Sophie come on!”

I turned my gaze to the person GG was talking to. I saw an adorable little girl about GG's age. She looked a lot like her mother.

She was so cute that I felt like reaching out and squishing her cheeks.

“Hi, I'm Sophie” she introduced shyly.

“Hello Sophie, I'm Rhys, Ginger's big sister. It's nice to finally meet you” I said sweetly. “Care for a hug?”

She smiled making her dimples even more pronounced. She walked into my arms and we hugged.

Mrs Kings stood there watching us like we were the most interesting things to watch at the moment.

I stood up properly to face her mom.
“Thank you for helping me watch over my sister”

“You don't have to thank me. You two are like daughters to me”

“I should be on my way now”

“Why don't you wait for dinner?” Mrs Kings offered.

I smiled politely, “Maybe some other time”

She didn't look too pleased.

“I promise”

She just smiled.

Hey guys,

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Love ya!

Thanks for coming this far with me.