Chapter 6

Hey! Yay! We have reached 1k! Thank you guys so much! Here's a chapter to celebrate!! Also the picture gives you a feel of the vibes in this chapter.

Sitting through this huge meeting was a big mistake. I can't believe I agreed to come even though I am his secretary.

He was barking everything out, causing everyone to flinch at every word spoken. Even the big rich CEO's from other company's.

Everyone was supposed to state their opinion on what he was spitting out but they all didn't dare. It was almost comical except for the fact that I was terrified.

What has gotten into him today? I mean h--

"TAHER! Gather the papers and fallow me." Every person gave me a sympathetic look that told me they were all sorry that I had this job. I was sorry too. I was practical stuck here until I can quit.

When we arrived at his office, he threw his phone at me. I quickly reached and caught it.
He then unbuttoned the top of his shirt and wiggled his tie. He messed with his hair and plopped down on his chair. He folded his hands and sighed.

I didn't dare make fun of the way his hair looked or the fact he looked like he was going to pass out because he genuinely looked tiered. I'm talking panda eyes and pale skin.

It was all silence and it got very awkward to the point that I was wiggling in my chair. He didn't dismiss me yet so I have no idea. All he's doing is scanning his pile of papers and then throwing all of them one by one into the trash.

"You know what?" I get up cautiously. "I need to go fax something."

I escape the lions den and am finally in my comfortable spot.

***

I was comfortable for a while until I realized Mr. Saleh didn't go to lunch. Usually he always leaves and passes a snide remark at me.. That's so weird. Should I check up on him? Like is it a secretary thing?

Curiosity got the best of me and I gently turned the knob and peeked in.
He stands there tall, but not the same man I saw yesterday.

This man had his shoulders slouched, he was heaving up and down. Not strong and confident as his usual self. His back was to me but he was facing the large office wall that's made out of glass.

He leaned closer to the glass and put his head against it. His right hand joined and the glass started fogging. His breathing slowly blurring out the lively New York City.

"Mr. Saleh?" I Whispered. He sighs heavily and turns around. I was shocked. His eyes were puffy and red. A fresh tear was slowly making its way down his cheek.

He cleared his throat and clenched his jaw. "What?"