Chapter 13

Here's another chapter! Keep voting and commenting! Love you all!

******
"Amina guess what!" My older sister burst into my room as I was just applying my eyeliner. I jolted up and the liner in my hand slid across my eye. Great she ruined my masterpiece.

Winged liners are never easy.

When she saw my angry face she backed away. "I'm sorry! It's just that I needed to tell you something!"

I sighed and reached for a makeup remover wipe. Gotta start this masterpiece again. "What is it?"

"Mahers coming today to see you!!"

I froze. Oh god I mean it's been a weeks since we last actually talked and now he's visiting? I bet his parents forced him.

"Why is heee?" I groaned.

"Oh shut up!" My sister rolls her eyes. "I still can't believe you're getting married before me."

I laugh. "Trust me it wasn't by choice."

She looks away. " Sorry. That's not what I meant."

I nod. "I know. It's okay."

"Okay we'll get ready and come downstairs! He's on his way."

***

After getting ready I sat on my bed and started watching Korean dramas to keep my mind off.

After a little while I hear the front door open and a deep voice saying aslamu alykum I felt nervous because I knew who that was.

I hear my mother gushing whatever he was saying and I roll my eyes.

I close my computer and walk out peeking from above the stairs. His framed back is to me and he's wearing a thobe! A black thobe!

I squint my eyes to make sure. Yup it's him. I can't deny it he looks really good. "Wait! Amina what are you saying?" I whisper to myself and hit my head.

I wonder why he's wearing one though. I mean I know it's Friday.. I wonder if he was just at the masjid.

"Amina!" My mom calls me down and I felt so embarrassed.

I quickly get down trying my hardest to not look at Maher.

"Yes?" I say innocently.

She looks at me disbelievingly and pulls me aside. her back is to maher but I could see him clearly over her shoulder. He looks busy texting on his phone. Hmm seems he also shaved a little.

While I was accidentally looking he suddenly looked up and caught me staring. He raised his eyebrows and smirked.

I felt so annoyed and horrible and it's probably showing on my face. I felt my cheeks getting hotter and my SOUL was embarrassed.

"Amina! Are you listening??" My mother has been talking to me this whole time but I haven't paid any attention.

I hit my head. "Sorry mom what were you saying?"

"I'm saying that you are going to hang out with Hana and her husband and your sister. I want you both to go with them. I trust Hana."

"Oh so like a get together?" I ask. Hmm so she wants me to hang out with that meani. Maybe so I could know him better. Eh I have no problem with it except I don't even want to KNOW HIM.

My mom starts talking again and I accidentally look over my moms shoulder only to see Maher wiggle his eyebrows.

I get annoyed and look away but look back up and see him again wiggle his eyebrows.

"Will you stop! Before I rip them out!" I accidentally burst out. I quickly put a hand over my mouth.

Maher chuckles loudly and my mom squinted at me angrily.

"I'm sorry!" I say to my mom.

"Amina! You know what? Go! Hana will explain everything. And take your sister." She walked away angrily and annoyed. She called for my sister and we all got out to the drive way.

I see my Jeep parked next to his fancy shamany white and black Range Rover. I felt mad this his car looked better than mine that I wanted to dent it.

"Okay come on guys." I get my keys out and walk towards my car.

"Uh no." Maher sticks up his index finger.

I look at him and squint. "What do you mean? I'm going in my car." I say stubbornly.

"Let's take my car. It's better." He replies.

I scoff. "No it's not." I cross my arms.

"Yes it is." My sister says defensively.

I dropped my arms and stare at her. "Umm excuse me! You're supposed to be on my side!"

Maher laughs loudly. " The majority has voted for my car."

"I mean it's fancier." My sister smiles at me apologetically. She adds on and stabs me again. That cheater. Ima get her back.

"Ugh. Whatever." I'm still giving her the death glare while she tries to hide herself.

They all walk to the car and I sulk behind them. As I was about to go around and sit in the back with my sister, Maher throws his keys at me.

I catch them awkwardly. "I don't understand."

"You drive." He says simply and opens the drivers door for me. He reaches over and fixes the chair.

"No it's okay." I say "You drive." Now I felt bad for wishing his car was dented.

"Get in. I want you to used to this car anyways." He says firmly.

"Yeah! Amina do it!" I hear Dana say from the back.

"Shut up traitor." I whisper. Then I turn my attention back to Maher. "Fine if you insist."

I climb and sit in the drivers seat. He automatically begins helping me get comfortable and reaches over to get my seat belt.

He hands it to me and I buckle it. As he begins moving this around and getting the seat covers organized I get caught up and noticed the detailing in his face. The way his brows are knitted together and how his jaw is clenched while he's working. How focused he is on this small task. Also the way he's being so careful not to touch me.

My heart softened for him. I suddenly felt different that is until he opened his mouth.

He sighs. "Ready snobby princess?" When he saw my irritation he laughed.

"Anyways.." He backed away and closed the door while leaning in through the window. "Now just put in the key."

I got a whiff of his cologne and tried my best not to keep smelling. I pushed his shoulders maybe a little to rough. "I got it Maher!"

He recognized what I just did and fire lit up in his eyes. His jaw clenched and I saw his Adam's apple move. He was angry but worse than that he was probably hurt.

"Okay good." He finally says.

He walked around to the passengers side and sat down. While fixing his collar in the small mirror without giving me one look he says "What are you waiting for? Drive already."