Home

After looking at myself in the mirror I checked my current supplies. I didn't have any food sources or supplies for myself. I also don't have any more resources to fix the stairs and start the upper level of the house. I guess I'll be spending the rest of my day gathering supplies.
           I need so much and now I can. Before I was too weak. My wounds where the darkness doesn't touch have healed and I feel stronger now. I know what my biggest needs are as well as the things I will need later. Food is my main priority. I need a way to get food as easily as I can out here on my own.
          I looked through my satchel and found the seeds I found earlier. It's a good source, but one that will take a long time to grow. For now I should set up a small farm for myself. It will be a way to know I will have food in the future as well as testing my new limits with my recovery from the Phoenix. I went to the chest I placed outside with all the rotten food. It smelled terrible, but it will make good compost. I still have my seeds from earlier and I could use it to start a garden for myself. I used some wood I still have leftover and made myself a shovel and hoe. I worked on the ground outside. I moved dirt around, made space for water and made sure all the soil was turned for the seeds. I used my hoe to create the rifts in the ground and started to make a line for all the seeds I have. In this world plants only take a few days to grow unlike my own world where it takes months for any food to be ready to harvest.
    Soon all the seeds have been planted and been watered. All I have to do now is wait for the plants to grow, for now. I just need more supplies for the house. I should head back to the ruined part of the forest and see if there's any more wood I can grab. Maybe I can find Spitfire along the way. I really hope he is okay.
    I grabbed my bag that had everything I needed and headed into the forest back to the torn down place. It was exactly how I left it. Still there were many trees that had been torn down from an unknown storm. I started to gather more wood. This time trying to grab more than I could carry on my own. Still there would be more wood here than I could ever use for the house I was working on. I had to drag most of the wood on the ground to get it to my house. I was glad that no other animals were stuck in the rubble. I wonder how those two pups are doing now.
    While walking I heard a familiar cry in the air around me. Immediately I felt relieved. Looking up I saw a brush of red feathers. It was Spitfire. I called out to him in a heartbeat.
    "Spitfire! Where have you been?" I asked as he landed on the wood I was pulling to the house. He chirped and looked at me.
    "I was worried about you. Don't run off again okay buddy?" I pet the scruff of his neck. He wouldn't answer my request. I sighed and sat down to take a break. I heard another cry in the air and a green phoenix sat next to Spitfire.
    "Hi. Is this your friend Spitfire?" I petted the green phoenix with my other hand. The Green phoenix seemed to enjoy the petting just as much as Spitfire was. I smiled and laughed a bit. I stopped petting them and went back to dragging the wood to the cabin. It took me a few hours to just get to the wood and bring it back here. Less time to work on my home. Nonetheless I got to work as quickly as I could. I made an axe that would shape and cut the wood to my desire. It made a mess of sawdust on the ground ad I cut the railing of the stairs from the wood. I got the pieces together and shaped some iron to keep the steps firm under any weight. Strong enough to hold enough weight for Ulan to stand on them. Not that it would be a good idea though.
    Soon the wooden stairs with a firm ralling were made and put together. The house now smelled of wood. It would smell like this for a long time especially with all the other work I needed to get done. I went to the top of the roof for the first time too see how little there was on this supposed second floor. No roof stood but the floor and the base of the rooms did. I used it to my advantage and used them as a structure to restore these pacers of the room with what I had. I used the wood shaping them beforehand to set the structure of the walls. I magade to set up the structure of all the walls before running out of wood and supplies. I looked at the sun to see it was close to setting. If I left nwo I could get another round of wood and work through the night.
    I went down to the main level and grabbed my things to once again grab some wood. I got everything I needed quickly and left taking a single glance at the garden I started earlier this morning to find that sprouts already came out of the ground. It was a surprise to me since they have already grown so much in these few hours. I looked up and saw the green phoenix looking at me. He was next to Spitfire.
    "Thanks Sprout!" I smiled, taking note of what I think he did for my garden. Sprout chirps and I head off into the woods. I walked through the forest alone again, this time enjoying the evening. The forest was quiet like the first time I came here. It's funny to think of how much I have done here since I started living here. I looked at myself once again. The darkness has been fading further and my right arm looked clean of darkness as well as my chest. I smiled when I looked at myself.
    I kept walking and was soon close to the forest where the wood laid. Only a little further. Then I can work on the walls and eventually the roof. The roof will be very difficult.  I don't mind thinking of a little challenge for myself. A long howl broke the silence. I quickly turned my head to the sound but saw nothing. The howl came far off in the distance. I went to the sound, being careful where I tread my feet in case that winged snake was still here. I hoped it wasn't.
    The trees grew more dense the further I made my way to the sound, but some of the trees around me were dead. Some trees were shifted on their side and hallowed out from time. Moss grew over these trees. I paid more attention to the trees and my surroundings than the ground around me.
    The howl came back and I jumped back in surprise. My feet caught over a long and I fell back tripping over it. I fell back and I suspected I would hit the ground quickly, but I fell for a long time. I fell into a hole in the ground. I ready myself for the impact once I noticed I was falling and then hit the ground hard with a loud thump. I covered my head with my head as I felt the shock run through my entire body. No broken limbs though. I groaned in pain as I waited for the pain to disappear.  It never faded and my chest felt tight from the impact. I stood up slowly and looked up. The edges of the cave that lead to the surface were too smooth and steep for me to climb and much too high to try to grab on the edge. The hole was smaller than I thought it would be. It looks like there was enough room for me to barely fall in. Finding no escape route from the walls around me  looked for the caves. I was in the heart of a cave. The ground around me was uneven and many caves laid closed and far from me. The only way out is to find the right cave.
    "This is fine, I have plenty of time to get home before the sun sets." I told myself to start looking at the many cave entrances around me, but another howl went through the air. I froze and listened to the howl that echoed in the cave.
    I am not alone in these caves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 1518)  Sorry for such a short chapter. I wasn't quite sure what to do next so this chapter will seem a bit off and strange I apologize for that.