Wounds

Sabre's point of view
    I must have dozed off at some point because I woke up. I must be more tired than I thought. Or maybe it's just my wounds. I felt Spitfire the bird nuzzling my neck. I looked at him.
    "What's up?" I asked him. He flew up and I slowly got up being careful of my wounds. The last thing I need is for them to open up again. That wouldn't end well. Spitfire chirps as if telling me to follow him.
    "Okay. I'll follow you then." I tell Spitfire. He flies off and I follow him. I follow him through the trees and he kept going speeding up a bit. I did my best to keep up with him.
    "Hey! Slow down!" I called Spitfire. He didn't slow down though. It was as if he was in a rush. I tried running, but it caused me to fall over as my foot caught something causing it to fly over me as I feel. I groaned in pain and slowly pushed myself off the ground. I looked to see what I tripped over, but I heard it before I saw it. It didn't have the sound of a rattlesnake, but it was similar. It sounded more like a deep bell.
    I looked at the thing in front of me. A Snake. I've never seen a snake like this before. The snake was gold. Its scales reflecting sunlight. It was shaking its tail in slow-motion it was making the bell sound. It was like a bell being rung over a town run with death.
    It also had wings. The wings seem to be made of copper. It made him look so much bigger than they already are. It seemed to have a face I graves on it through the copper that has turned green.
    I couldn't move. I knew it would strike me with its fangs if I even tried to run. It was looking at me dead in my eyes. It knew I was weak. To this snake, I was nothing but easy prey. I would yell, but I don't know if it would make it strike. It stood tall on its stick-like body in front of me. I could only watch.
    Spitfire made a loud screech as it dived down to the snake. That sound made the snake strike. I moved my arm in front of my face so it wouldn't bite my face, it hit my forearm. I felt a cold numbness run through my entire arm it came from the point the snake's fangs dig into my skin.
    The snake didn't get to hold onto me long as Spitfire pulled it away from me not even a second after it bit me. They fight each other. Spitfire pecking at the large snake. The snake desperately trying to bite Spitfire. The fight ended with a tie as the snake slithered off after getting out of Spirfire's grip. Spitfire looked at me after the small and quick fight was over.
    "Thanks...." I muttered. I didn't get the full dose of the venom and it only reached my arm. I couldn't feel or move it now.
    "Are you okay Spitfire?" Spitfire chirps and flies over to me. I slowly get upholding my numb arm.
"Is the snake why you were flying so fast?" I asked him. He chirps again and flies around me.
"I'm okay. Just can't feel my arm." I tell Spitfire. He nuzzles me and flies back in the direction he was going earlier. I follow him again. This time he was going more at my pace. We guided me back to the house.
"Why did you take me here?" I asked Spitfire again. Wished he could respond. He didn't say anything and perched up in a tree close to the house.
    "I'm going inside the house okay?" I told him. He says nothing so I make my way inside. It looked the same. The supports were ruined. The air was still and smelly. I might as well start working on this. I know I only have one arm I could use right now, but the most I could do is gets this smell out.
    I went to the closet where most of the smell was coming from earlier. I looked through e chests to find a lot of rotten moldy food. Disgusting. I look to see if there was anything useful and found Carrot, Potato, and beetroot seeds. I put those in my satchel. I went through the next chest to find even more food and seeds. I found Pumpkin and Watermelon seeds. I could use those too. The other chests were cleaned out. These are the only chests with food that was rotten.
    I started to get a sensation through my hand. I could feel it again. I guess the venom is fading. That's good. I drag the first, and second chest outside. I tear off the lids from both of them and add dirt in with the rotten food. I could make someone good dirt with this. If I am going to live here I'll need a food source.
I had more feelings in my arm and I could move it around too. I was relieved. I went to some of the new trees checking their size. None of them are big enough to use as new supports and all the trees father out were too big.
"Spitfire. Do you know if there are trees that I could use as supports? For the house?" I asked Spitfire. He gave me a confused look.
"Do you know where I can get wood?" I asked simply. Spitfire nods and flies ahead. I followed him. Thankfully with no snakes. After a long while, I could feel my arm entirely and move it just as easily as I could before. Just as we made it to a clearing filled with collapsed trees.
"Did anyone get hurt from this?" I asked Spitfire. He shook his head which made me jump. I don't expect a response. I looked around grabbing as much wood as I could carry. I got more than enough to fix the supports of the house, but it doesn't hurt to get more.
I lifted another log to take with me, but something caught my eye. Something shiny. I looked down to see what it was. It looked like a crystal next to a rock. I pick up the crystal to see that it was breathing? I picked it up with both of my hands to find that this wasn't a crystal. It was a fox.
The fox was very small and looked to be made of crystals. Opal crystal. The fox was weak by how it looked. One of the crystals on its back was cracked and its breathing was shallow. I held them close to my chest.
"It's okay now... I got you." I looked down in the hole to see if there was anything else, but there was nothing. Even the rock was gone.
"Spitfire! We need to go back!" I called out to him. He starts flying back and I follow him running as fast as I could.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 1204) Hope you like the chapter and happy fourth of July!