Tension

Light Steve's point of view
    I woke up the next day. I was on top of my bed the covers underneath me. I guess I fell asleep. I was still holding the picture. I looked outside the window to see the sun was still up. I was up late last night must have slept in.
    I was looking for any places Sabre might have gone to, but haven't found anything. Any places he was familiar with he went in or were
Destroyed. I added a few traps in some areas so if anyone enters or leaves certain areas I know.
    The leaders have been especially on top of me lately... Asking me things about if I miss being an Orange Steve or if I have any special abilities since I'm Light Steve now. I honestly like being Light Steve even though I miss being an orange Steve once in a while. Only during bad days I do.
    I need to find Sabre soon... or I might be forced to turn back into Shy Orange Steve. I didn't mind being shy, but now I have a break strength like nothing was holding me back now. I wasn't as scared as I was before.
    I looked at the picture in my hand. I fell asleep with it again. I should stop doing this. I shouldn't be this sad now. Rainbow Steve has been gone for so long that I should be over the grieving by now... but now it's back as fresh as it was on the first day.
    I get up from my bed and put the picture on my nightstand. I quickly get dressed. Like always I wear a long-sleeved white grey shirt and darker grey jeans. I've always felt this cold around me. I don't understand where it's from, but it's always been there. No matter how hot the day is I still feel cold.
    I put my Armor on and boots grabbing my spear and weapons. I then grab an Apple eating it quickly then go out on my first patrol. Around the Orange Kingdom. Where I live. I mostly just check to see if anyone needs any extra help or if there is anything that I should worry about. So far it's been peaceful after the days the darkness has faded.
    "Hey! What do you mean?!" I heard Fisherman Orange Steve say. That was out of place. I looked over to him and saw him talking to a Blue Steve. Some Blue Steves come to visit this world, but they don't come as often as other Steves.
    "You heard me! You, Steves, are so disorganized. You get little to nothing done throughout the day!" The Blue Steve yelled at him.
    "At least we can be ourselves! You just assigned to do whatever you do!" The fisherman said to him. I walked over to them, this was already getting out of hand.
    "Hey, it's okay. We can all relax-" I was cut off by the Blue Steve.
    "At least we do important things! You just dink around all day! Creative?! More like laziness." The Blue Steve mocked Fisherman.
    "The only part of Spirit you have is living with them! Stay where you belong!" Fisherman yelled back. I got in between both of them trying to make them get space.
    "Look. There is no reason you should be acting like this. Everything is fine. Just relax for now okay? Take a few deep breaths." I took a deep breath myself. The cold around me was stronger than normal. I've never been angry or even upset like this before. It's new.
    "What can you say Light? Your just an orange Steve! Stop taking their sides!" I flinched. I was about to say something else, but the Leader spoke.
    "Leave Blue Steve, before you cause any more problems." The Orange Leader said stepping up in front of the Blue Steve. He glanced at me then teleported away.
    "Are you to alright?" The Orange Leader said to us. Fisherman nods and walks off and mutters.
    "Stupid Blue Steves." He was gone.
    "This is starting to get out of hand." Orange Leader sighed and looked at me.
    "What do you mean?"
    "The Blue Steves have been on edge and have been taking their anger out on us lately." I sighed. I knew about that, but I didn't know this was so bad. The Orange Leader puts a hand on my shoulder.
"Anything on Finding Sabre?"
"Nothing. There is no sign of him anywhere."
"It takes time. It's hasn't been very long."
"I know, but he was injured...."
"He will be alright. He wouldn't just die if we still need his help."
"I'm not sure if he would want to help us anymore."
"I'm sure he would. He always seems to come back." Orange Leader added. I nod.
"I guess your right..." The Orange Leader hugs me and I hugged him back.
Red Professor Steve's Point of View
I walked up to a machine near the border of steve's world we know. I did a small inspection to make sure it was running smoothly. Nothing was off. The barrier was still up thankfully. I took out a fish and ate it.
"Keep it up and keep them safe," I tell myself to make one small adjustment to create the power of the barrier. I don't want anyone coming in or leaving. At least not for now. I want to go back inside, but I must keep my promise. Keep the curse. Keep them safe.
I walk off back to the kingdom. My mind tangled up in my thoughts again. Now to fix the core and Assistant Steve. I should tell him about the forest soon.
It's probably better that he doesn't know, but he hasn't seen Sabre in a while though. He is supposed to be watching him. He has he hasn't seen him since he left the town to fight Shadow Sabre. It's a bit worrisome, but we can look for him later. For now, we have work to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 1010)