Calling Lauren a bitch made me somewhat mad.

"Mr. Romano, I hope you do know that the person you are talking to is not only my assistant but also my wife. That day, I didn't say anything to you because it was her mistake. I hope you understand what I mean." I clenched my jaw.

He nervously chuckled looking at my expression.

He muttered a weak 'of course' before scramming off.

I took a champagne glass from a waiter and soon fell into business conversations.

***

It's been quite some time since Lauren left.

I looked around and I found her with a group of other women who are all laughing.

Lauren stood there listening to them and just smiling at them occasionally.

She must be bored to death.

She excused herself and walked away somewhere inside.

"You can stop staring at your wife all the time, Ethan." I heard a familiar voice from behind.

I turned around and saw Ryan.

I was waiting for him since forever.

As he was one of the shareholders of Mr. Jordan's company, he too has to attend the party.

I help him with business-related dealings because on his own, he wouldn't survive in this world.

He is too good for this business world.

"I wasn't staring." I rolled my eyes and took another glass of my drink.

"Sure." He mocked me.

"You do know that Christian will also show up tonight, right?" He asked me when we moved away from the crowd and both are alone.

Chris...

"I hope not," I said taking a sip of my drink.

"Too bad. I'm already here, Ethan." I heard a voice from the side and turned towards it.

It is Christian.

Seeing him will always remind me of how we were once and how much everything has changed now.

He was once my best friend.

We had so many similarities and we three instantly clicked.

"Christian, How are you?" Ryan said standing in front of him.

"Stop acting as if you care for me or anything." He scoffed at Ryan.

"I do Chris and you always knew that," Ryan gave him a small smile.

In return, Chris just scoffed and gave us a bitter chuckle.

"He doesn't deserve it, Ryan. Stop caring for him." I said glaring at Chris.

He could never appreciate the people in his life.

And we could never go back like before after what he did to me.

"Ethan, stop it," Ryan warned me.

"It's fine, Ryan. Ethan could do nothing more rather than throw shade at me." He said making me clench my jaw.

"Chris, stop it. man." Ryan said trying to stop us both.

"Where is you PA aka Wife. Did she leave you already? poor girl. I can imagine how horrible it must be for her to live with a person like you." Chris continued.

I scoffed at him and he just gave me a bitter chuckle.

"I'm just waiting for the day media will unfold your wedding secret and how everyone will react to that," he said making me look at him.