47. take a feather [Katelena]

Title: take a feather

Author: Kapua

Status: Completed

Relationship: Katelena

Summary: It's a strange thing, to finally have the chance to experience the world for what it really is, to claim each day for herself and no one else. She feels like a sapling tree coming out of a long winter, hardened bark peeling away to reveal fresh green wood beneath. There is so much of herself that she's never known existed, so many simple pleasures that she's never experienced, and she wants to dig her roots deep and drink up every possible second of it to make up for the time that she's lost.

*

Or: Yelena doesn't know what she likes, so she decides to make a list to try to figure it out.

Chapters: Oneshot

Words: 12441

Characters:

Kate Bishop

Yelena Belova

Natasha Romanoff

Wanda Maximoff (mentioned)

Minor Relationship(s): N/A

Friendship(s):

Yelena Belova & Natasha Romanoff

Warning(s): Author leaves some warnings beforehand so make sure to read that (including tortures from the Red Room and sexual content)

My Rating: 10/10

Fav Quote(s):

""That's horrifying," Natasha says mildly, watching as Yelena dumps half a bottle of hot sauce onto her pizza."

"Fanny gives her a look that communicates clearly that she thinks Yelena is an idiot "

"The last fading remnants of light reflect in Kate's hair, glinting mauve and violet by turns, and Yelena thinks that this is a color she could lose herself in willingly."

My Comments/Thoughts: One of the best storylines I have ever read. This is Yelena-centric which I really liked. There are cute visuals that really tie the whole storyline together and overall very cute.

Website: AO3

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/38566389?view_adult=true