32. all you're giving me is fiction [Katelena]

Title: all you're giving me is fiction

Author: sten06

Status: Completed

Relationship: Katelena

Summary: Kate is Avenger-Adjacent, already taking up the new Hawkeye mantel when Yelena tracks her down for help with a mission (not before doing COPIOUS amounts of research on her, of course). When Kate realizes its Wilson Fisk they're going after, and his connection to her mother, she has a ridiculously wild idea for how they should go undercover - as girlfriends, naturally.

(Also: Natasha is alive and giving all the sisterly advice. She's off-world with Captain Marvel, because I say so.)

OR

The Kate/Yelena Fake Dating AU

Chapters: 5

Words: 42599

Characters:

Yelena Belova

Kate Bishop

Natasha Romanoff

Clint Barton

Eleanor Bishop

Wilson Fisk

Carol Danvers (mentioned)

Minor Relationship(s): N/A

Friendship(s):

Natasha Romanoff & Yelena Belova

Clint Barton & Kate Bishop

Natasha Romanoff & Kate Bishop

Warning(s): N/A

My Rating: 10/10 (honestly let me break that scale and say 20/10 (Extra credit points)

Fav Quote(s):

"She's not sure what it is about Yelena, but she might be a little in love with her."

"Yelena's hair is down tonight, resting in blonde waves on her shoulders, and Kate realizes (not for the first time) how effortlessly lovely she is."

"Yelena's accent is so fucking endearing it can hardly be considered fair."

"do you want me to do you?"

"I did not come down here so you two could hide in closets..."

"he makes me feel too much"

We look like a cake topper."

"It reminds me of my little hawk."

"God, I can see why Yelena likes you"

"it was real to me"

"You make me dizzy, Kate Bishop"

My Comments/Thoughts: This story has got me squealing, giggling, and crying to myself in the middle of the night. The plot does not miss, the whole fake dating for a mission but slowly realizing how utterly fucked they are because they're slowly falling for each other? Yeah. This one is too good not to read.

Also as you can see I have a lot of favorite quotes. A lot of them are teasers to my favorite moments, and if they don't make you curious in this story, I don't know what will.

Website: AO3

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/37085806